ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Android Best Apps Thread

Are the Game Dev style apps good? I see they do a football, racing version etc.

SportMate is f**king ace for footy scores and stats.

DCi
help

facebook contact syncing - when i turn facebook contact syncing on (even the option that says only contacts that are already there)

it pulls down ALL the numbers of every nugget on my list that has put their number on facebook and displays them when you press phone

all i want to do is go to 'people' and be able to link those people to facebook profiles so i get pictures etc but without having a shed load of numbers on my phone from people i dont want to ring :(

Fabia VRS
Sames happend to me, all my callender has their birthdays which i dont give a f**k about...

koi

Audi S1
whatsapp messenger - cross platform messenger: so works on Android, Apple and Blackberry

Great for group chats and sending pics

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Pretty impressed with the new sky+ app, now it gives you the choice to series link your recordings, also the new UI looks nice too.

182FF with cup packs
SRS? Sounds decent. Do you need anything to plug in to the camera etc?

You simply need the right cable to go from the phone to the camera, for my Samsung Galaxy S2 I simply needed a USB Host on-the-go cable (£4 from ebay, it's a usb-micro plug to USB-A socket).

You need android 2.3.1 at a minimum, and if you are lower than 3.1 Honeycomb you may also need to be rooted.

It's in beta at the moment, but if you buy the beta you get a free upgrade to the full release (which will cost more).

What you can do with it is frankly amazing. It has inbuilt support for doing HDR with a single click, allows your to review previously taken shots on your mobile device (very handy if you have a compatible tablet)

Rather than just forking out for the app without knowing whether it works, the guy who writes it (Chainfire (also does cf-root) has done Remote Release, which is a simple remote control without liveview, but it's free. I just went ahead and bought the app and the cable anyway, as it's only about £10 in total, so I just said f**k it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks really good. I will have a proper look at that when I'm home tonight. Would be very handy actually.

Thanks for the heads up!

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
Recently I've downloaded GO launcher, GO SMS pro and GO keyboard. They're pretty good, i just wanted to change the way my phone looked cause i got bored of the blue. So I now have a new theme for everything. Easy to use aswell :)

Some i have on my gs2

super stickman golf (great golf game)
zedge (for ringtones and hd pics)
jamcam(awsome for checking motorway traffic etc)
ultra voice changer (good fun)
mx video player (plays pretty much every format avi ,divx etc)
keepsafe(for them dirty pics of the bird)
air attack hd part 1 (old school 1942 game)
plumber(excellent puzzle/brain game)
fruit shoot(great fun for 5 or ten mins if your bored, headshot ftl)
myplayer(freeview on your phone )

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Transdroid

Amazing torrent manager which works properly on 3G data

Can control all my downloads at home from my phone, can also search and add new downloads to my home pc and they are ready to use when I get back

Just a shame there isn't anything like this for the iPhone (which I now have)

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Got a few for my Nexus

Ceramic Destroyer - Bomb apart objects, can get slightly annoying!

Fragger - Grenade throwing game

Devil Hunter - Logic/puzzle solving game. Not many levels but I find some of them quite testing!