ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Android Best Apps Thread

306 GTI-6
My favourite apps:

Amazon Kindle - Kindle for Android
BBC News - gives headlines and stories for different topics which you can specify from the list
ESPN Goals - shows you English Premier League goals from the days games
Netflix - handy if you have a Netflix account
Ulysees Speedometer - gives a GPS speedo, and HUD display function of speed when in the car
ConvertPad - gives you conversion data on weights, distance, time etc
Swiftkey X - keyboard which I think is much better thean the Android OS keyboard
Endomondo Pro - Fitness tracker App. TRacks by GPS, gives google map route of your workout, lap/split times, allows intervals, beat your time etc

Games:
Many that have been mentioned, plus
Angy Birds Space - only hold my interest for about 10 minutes at a time if honest
Drop 7 - number based, sort of Tetris style) game
Turbofly 3D - Wipeout style racer
Whack your boss - find ways to kill your annoying boss using office equipment
Robot Unicorn Attack - sidescrolling platform type thing

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Fuel Log - for tracking how much your car actually costs you for real. App is pretty much perfect in every way.

Torque - when coupled with a bluetooth OBD reader can read and clear ECU fault codes, and also log a multitude of engine data fields (rpm, coolant/oil temperature, speed, throttle position, fuel flow). Useful for creating data overlays on track videos showing speedo, gear, GPS track position, g-force meter etc.

Cardio trainer.

For anyone that runs/walks its brilliant, it will keep a log of each time you use so you compare your results. Just start it when you set off and end it when you finish. It will then show your route via google maps, the distance covered, steps taken, calories burned and also your pace per mile.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Anyone know of a radio app that works in poor coverage areas? I've got TuneIn Radio but it seems to struggle to load when signal is poor.

Need to be able to listen to 5Live tomorrow when I'm at the rugby...

Arctic Blue FF 182
Fuel Log - for tracking how much your car actually costs you for real. App is pretty much perfect in every way.

Love fuel log! Find it useful for working out how much I need to charge a customer for travel costs nice and easily too! As well as keeping track of things!

CursedTitanium 182FF
Tune In Radio: http://tunein.com/mobile/
Turns your phone into a DAB radio, it also has a few other stations including Police band & Citizen band. If you have a car stereo that has bluetooth, it is a cheap way to add DAB to it.

Mito Sportiva 135
Sky Go - loving this right now!

Also got a GREAT app on Google Chrome called 'Ad Block' which blocks ALL ads on ALL sites. It's amazing. Free to download but you're asked to donate as it's made by a private developer. I haven't yet but I will do.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
any apps that i can use to get text messages of my mobile onto my laptop so i can save them and read them on my laptop?

Octy VRS
Splashtop remote. Connect easily to your home pc with all the functionality you would have if you were sat in front of it.

Granny Smith - excellent game.
Llama - Automation on your phone. I get mine to turn my bluetooth on when I am about to leave work etc.
Titanium Backup - A must for someone who always changes roms.