ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amplifer power cable

Clio 1.2 I-Music
Hi All !,

I am new to the forum so go easy on me ;), right i need to get a power cable from the battery to the inside of the car, is this possible without drilling a hole as thats the last resort !

can anyone get or show me a photo of where the gromit is under the passenger footwell and where it would come out in the engine bay?

all help is greatly appreaciated,

thank you in advance !

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Welcome to cliosport! and for me, I couldnt seem to find one at all, so what i did was feed it through the passenger side front arch. It comes out where the door opens and you can then feed it into the car and down the passenger side foot well etc. But bare in mind that the wear of the passenger door opening and closing a lot can wear into the wire and then sent electric all over the metal of the car! for now ive wrapped electrical tape around the wire to stop it from wearing the cable down. If you do find a gromit, let me know

2003 1.2 billabong
Welcome to cliosport! and for me, I couldnt seem to find one at all, so what i did was feed it through the passenger side front arch. It comes out where the door opens and you can then feed it into the car and down the passenger side foot well etc. But bare in mind that the wear of the passenger door opening and closing a lot can wear into the wire and then sent electric all over the metal of the car! for now ive wrapped electrical tape around the wire to stop it from wearing the cable down. If you do find a gromit, let me know

use the bonnet release cable grommit.

From under the bonnet look at the firewall behind the battery and you will see where the release cable goes into the car, poke it through that, comes out in the passenger footwell underneath the dash

Clio 1.2 I-Music
thanks Jon_R!

and Jordanb29 thank you for your help already! ooo sounds a bit dangerous ! no problem buddy will keep looking for the gromit, as i can imagine some clown slams the door shut and bam ! no sub ! :( as soon as i find one ill get a photo of it for you !

further more if anyone can provide a photo of where the cable can go that would be awesome !!

thanks again !

Renault Clio MK4 RS
use the bonnet release cable grommit.

From under the bonnet look at the firewall behind the battery and you will see where the release cable goes into the car, poke it through that, comes out in the passenger footwell underneath the dash

I did try find this, my car had no sign of it as my bonet release cable was through a tiny hole only small enough to fit that in! i was baffled as i was looking to try and see if i could pierce it through but there was no way it was going through so i had to settle for the arch.

ITB BG 182
So what i did was feed it through the passenger side front arch. It comes out where the door opens and you can then feed it into the car and down the passenger side foot well etc. But bare in mind that the wear of the passenger door opening and closing a lot can wear into the wire and then sent electric all over the metal of the car! for now ive wrapped electrical tape around the wire to stop it from wearing the cable down. If you do find a gromit, let me know

WOW major human FAIL!!

Get that wire disconnected NOW!!

If you was to lay on your back in the passenger footwell you would look up the back of your dash and there is a big black gromet to the left hand side of the car with a cable coming out of it.

Use that and go through it, if I can get 0awg cable through then you should be able to get anything less through it too!!

2003 1.2 billabong
I did try find this, my car had no sign of it as my bonet release cable was through a tiny hole only small enough to fit that in! i was baffled as i was looking to try and see if i could pierce it through but there was no way it was going through so i had to settle for the arch.

poke a screwdriver through that grommit or pull the grommit out and do it that way.

if you look in the ICE section theres a thread about it with pics of the grommit atm, i would link the thread but im on my phone

Dear god, are you safe with electric?! LOL Do it properly. Through the gromit as said behind the glovebox under the dash. bit of a fiddle but it has been done. If you really struggle you can drive 2 hours to me and i'll give you a hand lol!