ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Am I doing the right thing!

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I love a ph1. If I had the chance of buy another. I do think the 182 is a better daily, but the ph1 is cooler looking.

The rust on the inside and the sticky throttle are the only real issues that differ from looking for stuff that you would on a 182.

Your 182 will get good money back also, being a desirable colour in good condition with low mileage.

I found my ph1 to feel more raw but it was hard to describe how. It also feels smaller too.
I was hoping you would put your opinion across mate as I know you’ve had both! Cheers :up: just want to make sure I’m 100% sure before I do anything I will regret down the line! The Clio only does 3000 a year really so not a daily at all!

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Will need to be real tidy if your going to buy it! Give you 300 for that old blue one !? :tonguewink:
I genuinely don’t know if I could sell it :grimacing: yea the ph1 looks to be in good condition!

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Well that was fun........ not! The chap started off by saying it was his sons who now has passed away, he wasn’t very keen for a test drive. It was in the middle of a unit full of cars so no way he could of got it out even tho he knew I was coming today! I struggled to even look around the car it was packed in the tightly! Dont get me wrong the car looks lovely for its age it’s not standard as it says it is. it has a different Suspension set up and the interior is a bit worn. It’s due a mot at the end of next month which isn’t included in the sale. Asked the chap if he was willing to move on the price and his reply was “not a penny, this is really worth £6500 so at £5000 your getting a steal.” As I left he shouted at the door “ok I will knock £150 off.” Bit gutted but looks like the Rb will stay with me for now! Cheers for all the advice tho :up:

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
The amount of cars all in together was a complete joke! I couldn’t walk around the one side of the car! I asked him if he would take my number if he he changed his mind his response was “ I don’t need it this will be gone next week!” 😂

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
5k is ridiculous atm unless it's a proper minter.

Most interiors will look quite worn I guess unless it's low mielage.

Dan, I personally wouldn't look above 4k. And that's pushing it. They dont warrant that kind of money yet in my opinion.

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
Didn't that garage used to be called Williams Motorsport or something? They've been on watchdog I think it was. Bunch of knobs.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Reading the ads on his page he sounded like massive bell end tbh ! s**t descriptions and just inflating prices of cars that look just above average at best .

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
5k is ridiculous atm unless it's a proper minter.

Most interiors will look quite worn I guess unless it's low mielage.

Dan, I personally wouldn't look above 4k. And that's pushing it. They dont warrant that kind of money yet in my opinion.
It was on just over 50,000. That one was no where near £5000! My idea was to get a minter and just keep it fresh and low miles and see what happens in a couple of years but I won’t be doing it with that car!

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Reading the ads on his page he sounded like massive bell end tbh ! s**t descriptions and just inflating prices of cars that look just above average at best .
The cars were pretty much touching each other they were jammed in that close!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
The amount of cars all in together was a complete joke! I couldn’t walk around the one side of the car! I asked him if he would take my number if he he changed his mind his response was “ I don’t need it this will be gone next week!” 😂

It won' be gone this time next month for that money and his attitude !

LY182 / Bmw e21/ R6
The ph1 sunflower looks awesome, wonder if they were all owned by the son. Was that in the showroom alongside?
Shame the bloke selling them comes across as a dick!

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
I was unsure if that was sunflower yellow, looks a bit bright I thought (they usually fade). I'm just up the road and may go and look at the code on the driver's door to find out. But really a 17 year old RS Clio isn't worth it and the dealer seems like a plonker.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
The ph1 sunflower looks awesome, wonder if they were all owned by the son. Was that in the showroom alongside?
Shame the bloke selling them comes across as a dick!
Yes the sunflower was in the warehouse it was stunning. I couldn’t believe how stunning it was for the age and miles on it! There was also a trophy and a caged out trophy, the chap said they all belonged to his son who was a Renault mad but had passed away last year so he wanted to get rid of them all.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I was unsure if that was sunflower yellow, looks a bit bright I thought (they usually fade). I'm just up the road and may go and look at the code on the driver's door to find out. But really a 17 year old RS Clio isn't worth it and the dealer seems like a plonker.
You will completely understand what I mean when I say the cars are really packed in tight if you do go 😂

RB Clio 182
Yes the sunflower was in the warehouse it was stunning. I couldn’t believe how stunning it was for the age and miles on it! There was also a trophy and a caged out trophy, the chap said they all belonged to his son who was a Renault mad but had passed away last year so he wanted to get rid of them all.

I hope he isn't making it up about his son, he probably isnt, but from what ive read on here he doesnt sound like a very nice chap.

Link to the sunflower plz :)?

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I hope he isn't making it up about his son, he probably isnt, but from what ive read on here he doesnt sound like a very nice chap.

Link to the sunflower plz :smile:?
https://www.orionsolutions.co.uk/re...hase-1-fast-road-in-cardiff-glamorgan-6232879
I would like to think he was but the way he said it and lack of past history on the car I wouldn’t be surprised if he was. But he also told me he son sold a ph1 for £9,000 last year which had 20, 000 on the clock

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

Sounds like utter bollox to me !

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
It's got to be the same blokes that were on some watchdog type program. There's a piston heads thread from a few years ago, some bloke sold his BMW through them but took an age for him to get his money off them.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
That pic ref the sunflower looks really familiar. Trying to Remember if someone has viewed it.

How longs he had that?

I ask because if it’s stunning it wouldn’t be for sale for long.

182 cup
Just be careful with the garage that's selling it, it's changed names quite a few times. I don't know if it's the same owners now, but it was a father and son running it.
I rang recently about the p1 he did say it him and his son

182 cup
When I was asking about history he waffled a load of toss and said you need to get them done despite what the history says for your own peace of mind. Mmmmmmm no

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
When I was asking about history he waffled a load of toss and said you need to get them done despite what the history says for your own peace of mind. Mmmmmmm no
He told me the history means nothing when you take in the condition of the car 😂😂