ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alternatives To Windows Media Player

Astra Twintop
Are there any alternatives to WMP?

Itunes is out of the question.

Just getting bored of it!

Ian

Focus TDCi
Winamp or Songbird from memory, but I use iTunes so not had a lot of experience with any other for a couple of years.

so far nothing great has been mentioned and as for real player its laughable

video Player Kmplayer with core avc and ffdshow
audio foobar / winamp

forgot to add with foobar use either wasapi ( with vista/windows7) or asio (for xp)

this will give you bit perfect output

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
surely you're more limited by the quality of your mp3s and your hardware than the player itself?

to an extent but what the plug-in does is talk directly to the sound card without involving windows basically so no dsp or re sampling happens

but yes put s**t in get s**t out

but with certain setups you but s**t in and get even shiter s**t out ;)

Ian

Focus TDCi
It's not really an alternative to WMP though, there's no library is there? I use it a lot too, but unless I'm missing something it's not great for keeping everything in one place.

182 (Conversion)
I use VLC exclusively for videos (skinned) and WinAmp exclusively for music.

VLC is the daddy though.

It's not really an alternative to WMP though, there's no library is there? I use it a lot too, but unless I'm missing something it's not great for keeping everything in one place.
VLC has playlists.

I use winamp for playing music though.