ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloys refurbed at topmarques, Stock-on-Trent

275 Trophy
Had the OZ f1's done at http://www.topmarquesuk.co.uk/ yesterday.

Got there at 9 am after 100 mile drive and was promised they'd be ready for 4 pm, so got the bus into city center. Finally picked the car up at 7.30 pm. Guy explained that the acid they use was 'done' and they had trouble getting more, so had to use a more aggressive shot blasting method, which had subsequently left the wheels less than perfect. They have very slight imperfections, a kind of dimpled surface in places, some worse than others.

They did ask earlier in the day if they could have the car till tomorrow but obviously this wasn't practical. The manager also asked if I wanted to come back another time and they would redo them FOC, but again, 200 mile trip and 10 hours walking round Stoke with moaning gf isn't something I want to do again in a hurry. As a compromise he only charged me half price (£117).

What are peoples thoughts on this? To be honest, I'm neither satisfied or dissatisfied by the service. Glad I got it done half price, but annoyed they're not perfect and spent all day wandering about.

On the way home, one of the center caps fell off. I think the clips were broken tbh, so no blame on refubers. Does anybody know a supplier of these for 15" wheels? Anybody on here?
17082010157.jpg17082010156.jpg17082010158.jpg17082010159.jpg

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Think they've been pretty fair tbh! I had a set dont gloss black on my 197 and was very happy tbh. They could have said nothing and charged full price?

What they've done is fair enough tbh, mistakes happen and things do go wrong sometimes, at least they held their hands up and admitted it and were willing to rectify it.

275 Trophy
I suppose they have really. If they'd of offered that level of service for <£120 I would of snatched their hand off.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
the worst part about it is having to wander round stoke for 10 hours, i feel for you mate....lol

275 Trophy
the worst part about it is having to wander round stoke for 10 hours, i feel for you mate....lol

Is there anything else to do other than potteries museum and potteries shopping mall? Best of it all was, when walking back from bus stop, I noticed there was a snooker hall and a karting place right on main raod lol!

182 FF
Is there anything else to do other than potteries museum and potteries shopping mall? Best of it all was, when walking back from bus stop, I noticed there was a snooker hall and a karting place right on main raod lol!
You should of dumped your moaning missus and gone "Finger Tips" for a "massage" or one of the other many massage parlours there are around there;) I love stoke but that part of the city is an utter shithole and an embarassment

275 Trophy
You should of dumped your moaning missus and gone "Finger Tips" for a "massage" or one of the other many massage parlours there are around there;) I love stoke but that part of the city is an utter shithole and an embarassment

Now you tell me! :dapprove:

BMW M135I
I used these guys at Christmas but luckily I was at university there so wasnt as bad but tbh, i had no problems at all and they did a brilliant job. I know what you mean about Stoke though and what it has to offer lol

They look pretty good in the photos, Ive just had my turinis refurbed (not at the same place though) and tbh they have come out looking brand new but obviously i didnt get mine for half price. You wanna get on ebay and get some new wheel nuts, Mine looked a little rusty after the refurb and were letting the nice shiny wheels down so a new full set including locking nuts cost £20!!

275 Trophy
They look pretty good in the photos, Ive just had my turinis refurbed (not at the same place though) and tbh they have come out looking brand new but obviously i didnt get mine for half price. You wanna get on ebay and get some new wheel nuts, Mine looked a little rusty after the refurb and were letting the nice shiny wheels down so a new full set including locking nuts cost £20!!

Have you a link for these? Ordered a new set of center caps for them and will get some new bolts but don't want to get the wrong ones.

I wouldnt have paid. So many slack jawed yes men on this forum.

You paid for a service you didnt receive. Contract breach, no payment. I would then have sent a letter stating that the service was not provided and asked him to suggest a compromise, so that you were not in breach from your side. I probably would have said the wheels are now damaged and sent a bill for some more.

Fiesta ST-2

You paid for a service you didnt receive. Contract breach, no payment. I would then have sent a letter stating that the service was not provided and asked him to suggest a compromise, so that you were not in breach from your side. I probably would have said the wheels are now damaged and sent a bill for some more.

Bet you've made a few waitresses cry. Steaks not medium rare, breach of contract?

You sound like a joy to deal with.

182 FF

Good for you. Obviously you have never made a mistake in your life or had something go wrong that you didn't expect!

I ave used Top Marque before and i rate there work, i think they are very good. What you have been through i would say was unfortunate but i think they have been fair and only charged you half the money after offering to do them again for free at another time. I realise you must be gutted, i know i am if i get any work done and it's not 100% but i also know that these things happen. I think they look fine but again if they were mine just knowing they are not 100% perfect would prompt me to get them done again lol

Clio 172
I had mine done there, why didnt you get the bus to alton towers? That killed the time for me! You have been unlucky as my wheels were done before 5 and very good quality

275 Trophy
I had mine done there, why didnt you get the bus to alton towers? That killed the time for me! You have been unlucky as my wheels were done before 5 and very good quality

Didn't know there was one tbh. Had them back off he car today to polish and seal them, and to be honest unless you bend down and have a proper close look / feel, they are fine. Paranoid about kerbing them now so parking a foot away lol.