ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

All In One Computers

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Silly question alert!

With the ThinkCentre Tiny, can someone list what else I need to buy please.

- ThinkCentre Tiny
- Monitor
- Wireless keyboard and mouse

Do I need any cables or anything else? Please add to the list.

Cheers

@Jeff simply @Goodj

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I'd be surprised if it didn't at least come with a power cable, but I imagine you have power/network cables already?

Monitor should come with relevant cable.

Worst case is you unbox it and have to wait till next day with an Amazon delivery, or you suck it up and pay the +25% prices at PC World etc for whatever you're missing.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I buy those Dell Optiplex micro things for my parents office, just the cheap ones but usually go for the SSD model when they are on offer as usually work out about the same cost as if I’d bought an ssd seperately to upgrade and you usually get a better processor on the SSD models too.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone got any advice on monitors?

The backs of the machines need to be cable tidy as much as possible as they are customer facing. No bigger than 24 inch really. Prefer 21/22.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
It's only 2 cables. Just drill a hole in the desk if there isn't one already?

I got some plastic trunking for the underside of my desk which works a treat. Cut it into desired lengths.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Get a Thunderbolt 3 monitor and it'll only be one cable. I've got a 21.5" monitor and to be honest it's perfect... after all it's the same size as the smaller iMac. Although, I wouldn't recommend ASUS which is what I've got!

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Get a Thunderbolt 3 monitor and it'll only be one cable. I've got a 21.5" monitor and to be honest it's perfect... after all it's the same size as the smaller iMac. Although, I wouldn't recommend ASUS which is what I've got!
The guys are currently on 15inch laptop screens so 20 inch plus would be a huge improvement. I'm thinking early 20's.
How can Thunderbolt 3 provide power and connect the screen to the machine?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Thunderbolt 3 is amazing, that's how :tongueout: it provides power, data and video all through a single cable...

Listerine & Poledo
Given those All-in-ones don't actually have thunderbolt, wouldn't give it any thought. You do have displayport, but given this is a to-a-budget build, Stick to HDMI as your main method.

You're going to have to get over the fact that there will be cables.