ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alien Green 200 Cup (Kermit)

Storm Grey 200 turbo
So after picking up my Alien Green 200 Cup (5/4/14) I thought I'd start my project thread..

For a while I had been set on getting a Candy White VW Golf Edition 30, I'd been looking everyday for weeks but no luck as the Candy White is quite rare... got a little bored and thought I'd have a quick look at 200's to come across this..

33,000 miles.
Full service history.
Cup pack.
Recaro's.

After a few phone calls.. and time wasters I picked it up the next day.
The previous owner used it as a summer toy so it was always garaged, covered over and only taken out in the dry.

Had a great 2 hour drive home and love it already. I'd like to get a few track days in this year and hopefully do a 'ring trip so my plans are:

Custom map and KTR/ITG filter
Goodridge braided lines (Done)
ATE Super Blue brake fluid (Done)
DS2500's
Brembo HC Discs
Michelin PS3's

I haven't had a chance to get any decent pictures as yet but will try over the weekend.

ClioAG.jpg

Ed30AGP.jpg

Next to my old Fiesta ST..

RSST.jpg

Storm Grey 200 turbo
Bit of an update from the bank holiday weekend:

Fitted Goodridge lines..pretty straightforward to do and didn't take too long, pleased with the outcome especially under heavy braking there's a noticeable difference. Overall though braking isn't 100% so I'll be ordering DS2500's and Brembo HC's in the next few days, hopefully this should solve the issue.

When doing the pads and discs I'll also be looking to service/refurbish the calipers, I've heard good things about mrpinks pins so that's on the list. From what I've read about stripping down the calipers, is it just a matter of taking out the pistons, giving them a good clean, greasing them and replacing the seals??? Any advice would be great!

Hover2.jpg

Hover.jpg

Replaced the number plates with new plain ones (£11, bargain!), tidy's the car from the tatty dealer plates with rusty screw marks. Also put a gloss black sun strip on.

sunvis.jpg

GTD, Lupo
Looks nice, one of only 18 AG cups! Black bevel headlights and that will look spot on.

The previous owner must have been driving pretty quick to cover 33k miles in the sun in the UK :D

Storm Grey 200 turbo
looks real nice, very nice colour :)

Thanks!

Looks nice, one of only 18 AG cups! Black bevel headlights and that will look spot on.

The previous owner must have been driving pretty quick to cover 33k miles in the sun in the UK :D

How do you know that? Didn't realise there were so few.

Haha, he wasn't the only previous owner!

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
No surprise about the press usage, quite a few of the Alien Green cars were used for press purposes, the one that Jason Plato drove on fifth gear was at a garage not too far from me a while back.

GTD, Lupo
By the look of it, its best to avoid any 200s with the reg HV09 Y..

Such a shame to find out how the car you own has been treated.

E46 M3
I'd like to see this on a dyno with it being driven properly for it's early life. That and they're not going to let the press drive poor ones.

Storm Grey 200 turbo
I'm well aware of the history of the car, comments like "oh" and "lol" are quite funny coming from people that have diesel and 1.6 Clio's to be honest.

I'd be amazed if anyone really knows the full honest history of their car and how it's exactly been driven since leaving the showroom. In the short time I've owned the car I've driven it harder and longer than in both of the videos found on YouTube, I also plan on doing a few track days along with a trip to Ring so again it's going to be driven a lot harder, correct me if I'm wrong but these cars weren't exactly made just for Doris to take down the shops and back so its of no concern to me.

Pretty cool picture I must agree!

Storm Grey 200 turbo
I'd like to see this on a dyno with it being driven properly for it's early life. That and they're not going to let the press drive poor ones.

Probably a quick one!

It's good to see some people know what they're talking about. Thanks, I'll hopefully head up to RS Tuning at some point for a map so agreed it will be interesting to see what the figures come out at, will post the results once I know.

GTD, Lupo
I can only imagine it has been well maintained, has it had the belts done yet? Do you have an extended warranty on it?

Clio Mk3 1.6
I'm well aware of the history of the car, comments like "oh" and "lol" are quite funny coming from people that have diesel and 1.6 Clio's to be honest.

I'd be amazed if anyone really knows the full honest history of their car and how it's exactly been driven since leaving the showroom. In the short time I've owned the car I've driven it harder and longer than in both of the videos found on YouTube, I also plan on doing a few track days along with a trip to Ring so again it's going to be driven a lot harder, correct me if I'm wrong but these cars weren't exactly made just for Doris to take down the shops and back so its of no concern to me.

Well i certainly wasnt trying to make fun of your car or your purchase. Looks like a tidy car and i doubt it was driven like that every time..

Last edited:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Being a press car, its probably also had the gearbox replaced at least twice already, which is always a good thing lol.

It will also be one of the better ones engine wise, so personally, i wouldn't have an issue with it at all.

Famous so its worth more ;)

Storm Grey 200 turbo
That airborne pic is properly awesome.

Doesn't it!! need to find that road and give it a try ;)

Being a press car, its probably also had the gearbox replaced at least twice already, which is always a good thing lol.

It will also be one of the better ones engine wise, so personally, i wouldn't have an issue with it at all.

Famous so its worth more ;)

Possibly could have, a few people have said similar things about the engine so will be interesting to see some figures, I'll hopefully get to RS Tuning later this year for a map so will know then!

Haha you're not wrong, everyone seems to recognise the plate.

Wouldn't bother me, at least you know how it's been treated and that it'll have been looked after mechanically by Renault. Some people would drive harder in their own cars with less mechanical sympathy and it might not get looked after the same.

Looks a nice car, wasn't always a fan of AG but it's growing on me.

Pat 182

ClioSport Club Member
  cliosport 182
Road is at Millbrook testing ground very nice place to test yourself and youre car :approve:

Pat

I'd not be bothered by it tbh. You wouldn't have the first idea if a non press car had been driven within an inch of it's life, probably with less skill and mechanical sympathy. The internetz love a bit of scaremongering.

Not a 320d

Top trumps!

Storm Grey 200 turbo
Wouldn't bother me, at least you know how it's been treated and that it'll have been looked after mechanically by Renault. Some people would drive harder in their own cars with less mechanical sympathy and it might not get looked after the same.

Looks a nice car, wasn't always a fan of AG but it's growing on me.

It's followed all of the servicing intervals correctly and is in overall great condition, not fussed in the slightest about the press history and completely agree about how others are driven.

Thanks mate, the colour is SO different in the flesh.

Road is at Millbrook testing ground very nice place to test yourself and youre car
C:\Users\jackc\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif

Pat

Thanks for the info, would be interesting to have a go there!

Love AG, press cars always get a bit of stick on forums/clubs, i'd have it !

Thanks! After seeing a few other threads I half expected it.

I'd not be bothered by it tbh. You wouldn't have the first idea if a non press car had been driven within an inch of it's life, probably with less skill and mechanical sympathy. The internetz love a bit of scaremongering.

I couldn't agree more!

Storm Grey 200 turbo
It's been a while since the last update..

A few changes since my last post, I've also had a trip to the Ring for the Destination Nurburgring 10 track day (DN10). Shortly before that an evening track day at Brands Hatch to test the water.

The car currently stands with:

-RS Tuning Remap (Managed 194bhp, mixed opinions on this result but as many will know they are all way below the supposed 200 mark)
-ITG Panel Filter
-Goodridge braided lines (Fitment isn't great in my opinion as they rub on full lock, tried to move them around a little but no difference)
-Mid silencer box removed from exhaust (Awesome cheap mod, gets plenty of pops and crackles, no droning noise either so win win)
-Brembo HC discs on the front with DS2500 pads, still needs rear discs (Always rated DS2500's on previous cars and again can't fault them with the Brembo's)
-Nankang NS2r tyres all round (Can't say I really agree with the good reviews they get, even when they've got some heat in with correct temps they don't seem to be as good as semi slicks should be, personal opinion but wouldn't buy them again)

No real further plans at the moment other than tidy bits up i.e. Recaro sticker for passenger seat base, refurb wheels and calipers.

Will upload some pictures asap.

Jack.

Silver 182
Beautiful car mate iv seen one like this in wakering where I live driving like a nutter =P used to have a white st as well I belive just joking looks nice mate I had the vxr nurburgring now I have a titanium 182.

Storm Grey 200 turbo
Beautiful car mate iv seen one like this in wakering where I live driving like a nutter =P used to have a white st as well I belive just joking looks nice mate I had the vxr nurburgring now I have a titanium 182.

Haha that would be me, you had the Red Vxr before the Nurburgring one? private plate "J2B..." something along the lines of that?

Looks good

Thanks mate!