ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alfa GT Cloverleaf

Alfa GT Cloverleaf
Hi All,

Thought i'd post a few pictures of my new car, after selling my Fiesta ST thread here: http://www.cliosport.net/threads/performace-blue-fiesta-st.770733/#post-10693595
I bought the ST as a stop gap while I bought my first house, only had it for 6 months as it was getting tiresome up and down the motorway with only 5 gears. Anyway I decided to look for an Alfa, I wanted either a GT Cloverleaf or a 159 Ti. Had to be diesel as i'm doing more mileage with work, after viewing a few shitters I came across this, full Alfa S/H, Cambelt and waterpump done at Alfa 6 months ago, new clutch fitted before i bought it. absolutely mint.
I've owned it for around a month now and I'm over the moon, after selling the 182 ive been a little disappointed with both the GTI and ST, even though this is a diesel and completely different to the 182 I just feel like i'm gelling with it.

So far all I have done is change the number plates, I don't really plan on much else except for a map around xmas.

apologies for the shite photos, i will try and get some better ones soon!

DSC_1249_zpsdzzrk34y.jpg

89035219_infinity1_zpsbodxvgs1.jpg

DSC_1263_zpsckpgsfor.jpg

DSC_1262_zpsvo8f7kfv.jpg

DSC_1259_zpsmeaken5r.jpg

DSC_1261_zpsmupshxmn.jpg

DSC_1265_zpsgywhkbyn.jpg

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Nice choice! I'd read that Alfa had learnt a few things or two with the previous gen JTD engines. Only ever driven a petrol-engined Alfa myself - a V6, which sounded superb. :)

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Awesome! I love my Alfa 159. It really is epic.

Get it mapped up! Just mapped mine but about to map it again with the dpf delete done. Should see a little under 200hp and 340-360 ftlbs.

Alfa GT Cloverleaf
cheers. Yeah the busso v6 is something else!
100% for a map, just waiting a till my birthday in dec as i think i'll get it as my birthday present off the GF! id be happy with anything over 180hp to be honest, it does feel like it needs that little extra power.
Bose sound system is awesome too. I can't believe the amount of kit you get for the money

Listerine & Poledo
I was told, in no uncertain terms, that the 1.9 CDTi (or however FIAT like to label it) is basically a bag of broken nails.
Which is a shame, because I think those GT's are lovely looking things... I'd be straight after a set of the Teledial wheels though ;)

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I was told, in no uncertain terms, that the 1.9 CDTi (or however FIAT like to label it) is basically a bag of broken nails.
Which is a shame, because I think those GT's are lovely looking things... I'd be straight after a set of the Teledial wheels though :wink:

I've had 2 cars with them engines now and the only real issue I've come across is EGR clogging. So I just blanked it and had it mapped to suit and it was problem solved. I killed a turbo aswell but thats because I ran 2 bar through it all the time and sucked something through it on a track day lol.

Listerine & Poledo
I've had 2 cars with them engines now and the only real issue I've come across is EGR clogging. So I just blanked it and had it mapped to suit and it was problem solved. I killed a turbo aswell but thats because I ran 2 bar through it all the time and sucked something through it on a track day lol.
interesting.
How long did you have them...amount of mileage, age etc.
Because I'd rather a GT than a Golf/Bora/etc.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
interesting.
How long did you have them...amount of mileage, age etc.
Because I'd rather a GT than a Golf/Bora/etc.

1st one I bought on 12k, was a 58 plate car and sold it a 18 months later on 48k. All it needed was egr blanked and turbo, turbo being my fault.

2nd one I've just bought in August,56 plate its on 150k so yet to cause me any drama yet. EGR was blanked when I bought it. I've gave it a good service, all the fluids, filters and glow plugs so will see how I get on. £70 sees me 600 miles of mixed A/B road driving. I'm sure on a long run it would do 700.

A friend has the Astra with same engine and his is coming up 200k, bought it on 145k and only issue he has had is glowplug ecu failing and gearbox mounting coming loose.

Like any car if you can get one that someone has really looked after,they seem great. Its when people neglect them they become a hound and costs start adding up fast.

Alfa GT Cloverleaf
Took some quick snaps after a wash over the weekend.
Still really enjoying the car, other than a full service I haven't done much else. I've been toying with the idea of a re-map but unsure how long I will keep it as i keep looking at 159 TI's... I think once the loan is paid off (later this year) It will vbe hard to resist moving to a 159!
Its been faultless so far and is averaging 44Mpg which is roughly 70% motorway 30% A roads.

DSC_1348_zpsnegkingq.jpg

DSC_1347_zpsd9g8ffeu.jpg

DSC_1345_zpsys5lr1em.jpg

DSC_1265_zpsgywhkbyn.jpg

DSC_1352_zps9kz4nin3.jpg

DSC_1350_zpsc2yp7pvi.jpg

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I love these things. When I was about 14/15 I convinced my dad to start looking at Alfas. He took one of these out and I remember thinking how cool it was! Ended up having 2 159's (2.4's) and I absolutely loved them.

In summary, you've made a fantastic choice sir. Your ED30 looked good too!

Alfa GT Cloverleaf
I love these things. When I was about 14/15 I convinced my dad to start looking at Alfas. He took one of these out and I remember thinking how cool it was! Ended up having 2 159's (2.4's) and I absolutely loved them.

In summary, you've made a fantastic choice sir. Your ED30 looked good too!

When I was growing up my dad had 2 156's and a GT too so I think its in the blood haha.
Cheers! I wish it was an ED30 though, it was just a GTI with colour coding and ED30 BBS wheels!

Alfa GT Cloverleaf
Afternoon all, I haven't updated this for a good while so thought i'd upload a few pictures it took while over a the EVO triangle during the Xmas holidays.

DSC_0040_zpsqnnbzjtg.jpg

DSC_0047_zpsnl0apxw8.jpg

DSC_0050_zpsfjcqrps0.jpg

Starting to notice it could probably do with a new set of pads so that will be the next job, to be honest so far the car has only needed servicing since I bought it so i'm rather pleased with that.
looking to move house at the moment so the GT will be staying until we've moved and settled, but after that i think a late model 159 Ti will be on the cards!