ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

alcantara roof lining (pics inside)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I've been looking for black fake alcantara for ages! Can't find big enough pieces anywhere!

2004 RS182 (BG)
Nice work!

Dang you. I was planning on leaving the roof lining alone on mine, but this tread definately got me thinking. :D

My lower dash, including steering column and centre console, will be Alcantarized™ during this winter. Have already consulted some professional upholsterers and gotten some ok quotes. Hopefully will look as good as yours when done.

Yozza'd Titanium 182
to be fair if you cover up the picture of the steering wheel job so that you can only see the bit were the alcantara is it doesnt look too bad! i think the cut finish is what looks gash

I thought it just slotted into place in the trim. Obviously I've never taken it off though! :eek:

Apparently the grab handles are a b*****d to get back in as the clips break/bend out of shape so people usually just buy new ones to save the hassle. That's what's putting me off doing mine although I have the little blanks all round (weight saving init!).

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I thought it just slotted into place in the trim. Obviously I've never taken it off though! :eek:

Apparently the grab handles are a b*****d to get back in as the clips break/bend out of shape so people usually just buy new ones to save the hassle. That's what's putting me off doing mine although I have the little blanks all round (weight saving init!).

Why not just cover the holes with alcantra and not bother with blanks at all?

M3,ST250,Caddy,CBR10
Has anyone got a link or any of this alacantara to buy as I'm wanting my steering wheel done in the stuff!?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
The head lining does have a bead of adhesive on the large panel section at the back.

Also to confirm the clips for the grab handles are just crap and are nearly guaranteed to bust up.

ph2 172
I think he meant the roof lining after you have stuck the alcantra to it and want to put it back into the car

This.

The he grab handles are easy to remove, just screw the torx out most of the way leave a little thread in. Push the bolt in and pull the handle out. Pain the get back in though. If I take mine out it's getting blanks back in, or covering over the holes.