ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Albi R27 452/500 (UPDATE 09.01.2013)

Bit of a shitter with the windscreen. I did the same thing with a 106 Gti.

Took the mirror off as it was covered in a million air fresheners and couldnt be assed to untangle and remove them all. Then went to put the mirror back on and......crack!

197 Team F1
Looking good pal, shame about the windscreen.

Thanks very much, expensive mistake lol.

Like this keep it up

Thanks, will do.

Followed this thread since day one, really liking the attention to detail and the important maintenance side off things.

Thanks very much. In my opinion even a cheap £100 banging buy car can be an absolute dream to own as long as its mechanically right, so something that cost what this has to date should be an absolute dream to own and I'm getting that reward thankfully.

Nice work bud

Thanks very much.

Bit of a shitter with the windscreen. I did the same thing with a 106 Gti.

Took the mirror off as it was covered in a million air fresheners and couldnt be assed to untangle and remove them all. Then went to put the mirror back on and......crack!

Its an easy mistake to make, but a lesson has been learnt. i'm sure you learnt that lesson too.

197 Team F1
Update 19.05.2015

Taken from ClioR27.co.uk

Yet again I've been doing some more shopping for the car.

First up something a bit more OCD. The stickers from the engine bay.

This is something I've been thinking about buying for a while now, but little did I realise how big it would be to get into the car...

Many thanks to Eddie at Charles Hurst Renault Newtownards for sorting these out for me.

As always, comments are welcome.

John

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
I pulled my stickers out of the bay, think I kept them somewhere lol.

Shame about the windscreen and the flaky grills. Think I'd just go back to bare plastic/replace with standard there and treat them with something.

197 Team F1
I pulled my stickers out of the bay, think I kept them somewhere lol.

Shame about the windscreen and the flaky grills. Think I'd just go back to bare plastic/replace with standard there and treat them with something.

Yea thats what I did with them originally, but got get up doing it lol. Plus the grills are about £65 to replace. I just need to spend a bit of time prepping them, but they'll be fine when painted again.

Love the stickers, it's strangely satisfying. I remember when i bought my old Mk5 Fiesta Zetec S, i was chuffed that the Passenger Airbag sticker was still on lol!

Lol yea I know what you mean. Its the little things that make a car great in my opinion.

197 Team F1
Update 22.05.2015

Taken from ClioR27.co.uk

I bumped into this tip for possibly helping to get rid of the flat spot and kangarooing that the Clios suffer from on Clio197.net. Yes I've had mine remapped but it doesn't completely get rid of the flat spot, so I thought I'd give this a go to see if it helps.

Only time will tell if it's worked or not.

John

RB Clio 182
Is there much difference between albi and arctic? I know mondial is a touch darker than arctic, I just wondered as its a lovely colour in photos.

Lovely car btw.

197 Team F1
Omfg if it's that simple I'll be so pissed off lol! Off to find cable ties.

Lol apparently so. I've heard that through time the fault will reappear, but not as bad as I'm sure your finding it now.

Is there much difference between albi and arctic? I know mondial is a touch darker than arctic, I just wondered as its a lovely colour in photos.

Lovely car btw.

Thanks very much. Not a notion what the differences are to be honest, will have a look though and let you know.

197 Team F1
Update 23.05.2015

Taken from ClioR27.co.uk

As you know I recently bought the stickers for the engine bay of the Clio.

The old stickers have definitely seen better days.

Well it was time to finally get around to fitting them, so first step was to strip off the old stickers.

Time for some methylated spirits to clean up the sticky mess left by the old stickers.

Nice and tidy.

The new stickers ready to be put in place.

Application time...

I'm sure you'll agree it was money well spent as they look 100 times better than the old tattered stickers.

John

197 Team F1
Have you found the cable tie fix helped? I've not got any in the house so I'm going to get some today.

Is there any way to replace that map sensor so it's more rigid?

To be honest its still early days for me to tell, I haven't been driving the car much lately and with the mornings getting warmer the problem wont be as obvious anyway. Know a few guys have used gasket sealant around where it joins into the engine before putting the cable ties on. Just to make sure the seal is extra tight.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
To be honest its still early days for me to tell, I haven't been driving the car much lately and with the mornings getting warmer the problem wont be as obvious anyway. Know a few guys have used gasket sealant around where it joins into the engine before putting the cable ties on. Just to make sure the seal is extra tight.

I tried this today and it seems to have improved it slightly. It's nowhere near removing the problem but it is improved.

You should definitely post that video in the guides section :D

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Nice attention to detail there

Can't help think you dropped a bollock painting the grills through, chipping will always happen. I've got some g techniq C4 waiting for mine

197 Team F1
I tried this today and it seems to have improved it slightly. It's nowhere near removing the problem but it is improved.

You should definitely post that video in the guides section :smiley:

Glad to hear it helped a bit. Might post it in there, unless someone else fancies doing it lol.

Nice attention to detail there

Can't help think you dropped a bollock painting the grills through, chipping will always happen. I've got some g techniq C4 waiting for mine

Yea kinda regretting it when I look at them now, but as I said will get them sorted out, maybe over the next week or so and I'll be happy once again.

197 Team F1
Update 24.05.2015

Taken from ClioR27.co.uk

With my attention turning to the finer details of the car I decided it was a great time to tidy up the brake calipers and touch in some of the chipped paint.

Time for a quick scrub getting into ever nook and cranny with a stiff toothbrush.

The rear calipers definitely need a lot of attention.

Having cleaned the brake calipers and identified all the bit that needed retouched, it was time to pull out my trusty touchup paint.

And set to work...

Their all looking a lot better now, I just need to tidy up the Brembo logos on the front calipers when I get some suitable black paint and I'll be a lot happier.

Over the past week or so I've noticed the passenger side door sticking a lot. When I unlock the car everything seems to unlock apart from the passenger door.

I'm a bit worried it might be a problem with the lock, but the confusing part is if I get into the car and then open the passenger door from the inside its not an issue.

I have a feeling it might just be that the lock is sticking, so its on with a bit of grease to see if it helps things.

http://www.clior27.co.uk/clio/story/1177.jpg" alt="" width="480" height="640" />

I'll keep my fingers crossed for now.

As always, comments or tips are welcome.

John

197 Team F1
Messed up the image tag at the end of the last update, so here it is again...

Over the past week or so I've noticed the passenger side door sticking a lot. When I unlock the car everything seems to unlock apart from the passenger door.

I'm a bit worried it might be a problem with the lock, but the confusing part is if I get into the car and then open the passenger door from the inside its not an issue.

I have a feeling it might just be that the lock is sticking, so its on with a bit of grease to see if it helps things.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for now.

As always, comments or tips are welcome.

John

197 Team F1
Update 26.05.2015

Taken from ClioR27.co.uk

A few days ago I purchased the after market Renault Sport front splitter and seeing as it was such a nice day today I thought why not get out into the sun and fit it.

The tools ready for the job (yes, there is a drill in there).

This was by far the hardest part of removing the stock splitter, it took a lot of effort to get it removed.

I was so hesitant about doing this, because I knew when the holes were drilled that I would have passed the point of no return...

Ahhhhhh, what have I done?

A lot happier now :)

Even happier now, as I think it really completes the front end of the car.

John

197 Team F1
Very nice project. Feel it needs the skirts now

I also have bought engine bay stickers lol

Thanks very much @BREMBO, I'm contemplating the skirts at the moment, I just can't decide if I really like them enough to put that kinda money into them. The one thing I've definitely ruled out though is the rear spoiler, I hate it with a passion lol.

Good stuff, front splitters look so much better, need to get one for the misses Albi !

Got her an auto dim rear view also as she misses it from the 225 Megane, but after seeing yours and others windscreen I don't want to go near her brand new windscreen she only got last month!

197 Team F1
Good stuff, front splitters look so much better, need to get one for the misses Albi !

Got her an auto dim rear view also as she misses it from the 225 Megane, but after seeing yours and others windscreen I don't want to go near her brand new windscreen she only got last month!

Best thing you could do would be to get a professional to remove the existing mirror, worst comes to the worst they break the screen, they replace it.

Def needs the skirts imo

Looks great

I'd undecided on them to be honest. Theres times I look at them and like them, then theres times they look like a cheap stuck on after market side skirt :s

197 Team F1
Update 30.05.2015

Taken from ClioR27.co.uk

After the nightmare dealings with the Autoglass call center and three weeks of waiting the day has arrived...

With the right screen now available for the car work started as soon as Devon the fitter arrived.

What a beautiful day for fitting a new screen.

It was at this point the typical Northern Irish weather struck and decided to unleash a massive hailstorm on us. So work was delayed as we maneuvered the car under the awning.

Back to work.

Old screen out.

On with the sealant.

New screen prepped and ready to be fitted.

Hard at work...

Back as good as new, just needs a few hours to dry.

Devon was kind enough to put the new mirror in place for me. I'd rather he used the hammer to coax it into place than me and risk another £75.

Finally the screen is fitted and in the end I couldn't fault Devon and how he fitted the screen, my problem lies fair and square at the feet of Autoglass and how they really didn't seem to care about me as a customer.

John

197 Team F1
Update 31.05.2015

Taken from ClioR27.co.uk

With Devon having fitted the new mirror for me while he was replacing the windscreen, all that was left to do was to connect up the wiring.

Just need to tape if off now, so I don't get any shorts.

All back in place and good to go.

John

197 Team F1
Update 02.05.2015

Taken from ClioR27.co.uk

After fitting the front splitter to the Clio I decided something just didn't look right with how the car was sitting.

I started into the research looking at pictures of other 197s and at the start I saw an image on Instagram of a 197 sitting what I felt was perfectly, it had 15mm spacers on the front and 20mm on the rear. I did a bit of research via Clio197.net to see what everyone thought of this idea, only to be told that I really shouldn't stagger the spacers. I was told be a fellow forum member that the old cup race cars used to fit 5mm spacers up front to give extra track over the rear, so that really put me off the idea of staggering the rears more than the front anyway. The most common option seemed to be to run 20mm spacers all around with a select few option for the slightly wider 25mm. Again after some research I found that the downside of running 25mm is that your splatter your rear quarter with stones.

I was pricing spacers everywhere I could find them, from Gumtree to Renault tuners in France. In the end I stumbled across a set of second had 20mm spacers for sale on Clio197.net. The person selling the spacers had bought them, painted the edges black and then fitted them to the car, however before he even took the car out on the road, he decided he didn't like the look of the stance. I felt these were just what I was after as they were pretty much brand new.

A couple of days after the purchase they arrived, accompanied by some extended bolts...

Before

After

Fitting of the spacers probably took me the guts of an hour as it was a bit fiddly at times getting the holes lined up, but I got there in the end.

I'm sure you'll agree the car is sitting a lot better now. The only thing that now tempts me is, should I lower it?

You might remember a few weeks ago I treated myself, well the car to these...

Well I felt now I'd fitted the spacers and the cars really starting to take shape, that now was as good a time as any to fit them.

Before

After

John

197 Team F1
Update 06.06.2015

Taken from ClioR27.co.uk

Like many people before me, one of the first things I did when I bought the Clio was to remove the Renault ELF sticker from inside the rear window.

Unfortunately I didn't know when I did this that it would turn out to be one of the if not the hardest part on the car to replace.

However after about two years or searching for the replacement sticker, which both Renault and Renault Dieppe wont supply I managed to get my hands on these...

So of course as soon as I'd opened the envelope and realised what they were, I couldn't hold back so went straight out to fit them to the car.

Cleaning the selected area.

Squeegee at the ready...

And here we go...

I'm over the moon with how its looking after waiting so long to set an early mistake right.

John

RB182
Must be doing something right. Eh John!?
20150613_162233.jpg

197 Team F1
Well, after four fun filled years I've taken the decision its now time for a change.

I'm selling my Albi Blue Clio 197 F1 R27 (No. 452/500) Dec 2007

59500 miles (although this will increase slightly through daily use).

11 months MOT remaining
RS Tuning Remap (199.7bhp)
Upgraded Osram Headlight Bulbs
Mintex MDB2725 Brake Pads
Mintex MPB1377 Rear Brake Pads
Upgraded Walbro 255L Fuel Pump
20mm Wheel Spacers all around
Steering Wheel (Retrimmed by Royal Steering Wheels)
Gear Knob (Retrimmed by Royal Steering Wheels)
Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
KTR Clio 3 RS Induction Kit
KTR PRO PERFORMANCE 197/200 DECAT PIPE
KTR PRO PERFORMANCE CLIO 197/R27 CAT BACK EXHAUST
Renault Clio 197 Spoiler *RS* (Front Bumper)
Vibra Technics Engine Torque Link
Powerflex PFF60-822 UPPER ENGINE MOUNT TORQUE ARM BUSH
Powerflex PFF60-821 UPPER ENGINE MOUNT INSERT
Powerflex Gearbox Mount Bush Insert PFF60-525
Pioneer DEH-X9500BT (Bluetooth Head Unit)
BIMEC Black Anti Rust Wheel Bolts
TPI Black ECO Locking Wheel Bolts
Renault Clio 3 Cargo Net

Full Service History

CHERISHED REGISTRATION NOT INCLUDED IN SALE

The car has been maintained to the highest standard regardless of cost.

£6750

Please no time wasters.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201612170667394

Any questions please feel free to send them my way.