ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Albi R27 452/500 (UPDATE 09.01.2013)

197 Team F1
So here’s the story so far with my Albi Blue R27…

This is one of the images the Honda dealer in Liverpool had on their website while advertising the car.

1.JPG

I made the trip over to Liverpool to pick up my new motor at the start of December once a deal had been agreed in principle over the phone.

This is it while sitting in Holyhead (with little over 18,500 miles on the clock) while waiting for the boat back to Dublin (The easier route for us to cross the Irish sea).

2.jpg

In daylight at home the next day.

3.jpg

Shortly after arriving home I booked the car in to have the belts and water pump changed, as I knew this had not been done. I took it to Shelbourne motors as they were the best priced to do the work.

I’ve only had a couple of other problems with the car so far, the first one being what appears to be water marks on the stickers, but no matter what I do I can’t seem to shift them.

4.jpg

The second problem is the skin of the driver side Recaro is coming away around the bolster area. Again this hasn’t yet been sorted, but I’m sure it won’t be hard to do once I get around to it.

5.jpg

I ordered myself some Team Heko wind deflectors from JJ Automotive through eBay and they eventually arrived with me (after some messing about with Parcel Force) . When I opened them I was greeted with this…

6.jpg

7.jpg

I promptly got onto Jan from JJ Automotive and she agreed to send me out a replacement wind deflector free to charge.

Before
8.jpg

After
9.JPG

The Clio getting its Boxing day bath.

Before
10.jpg

After
11.JPG

At present I'm waiting to get the paper work back from the DVLNI to confirm my cherished plate has been transferred over, and a few other purchases to arrive in the post that will hopefully help to freshen the cat up.

The car currently has little over 19,000 miles on the clock and I can’t wait for the weather to pick up a bit so I can get to spend a bit more time cleaning and tidying up around it.

John

197 Team F1
UPDATE 05.01.2013

Yesterday I received one of my eBay purchases in the mail.

12.jpg

I’ve now fitted it to the car but I’m not 100% sure if I like it or not.

13.jpg

Today the postman brought yet more of my many purchases I made over the Christmas period. I was never a fan of the standard grey clio mats that came in the 197, I felt they always looked out of place and cheap compared to the rest of the car.

14.jpg

I had contemplated going for the silver 197 or yellow 200 Renault sport mats but I just couldn’t justify the near £50 price tag on them. When looking through eBay I stumbled across these Renault mats that are just plain black and I think they suit the car perfectly.

15.jpg

16.jpg

John

197 Team F1
UPDATE 08.01.2013

Delivery of some detailing products from Elite Car Care. Meguiar's Tyre Dressing Applicator Pad and Valet PRO Soft Wash & Detailing Brushes for dressing the plastic grills on the F1.

17.jpg

John

197 Team F1
UPDATE 09.01.2013

So this is what the postman brought in todays mail…

Time to get the car smelling nice with a choice of California Scents.

18.jpg

Which one to choose first?

John

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Cherry is epic!

i love Albi blue, good purchase mate :approve:

ive been told those watermarks on the decals are traffic film remover that stain them and sadly means new decals :(

197 Team F1
Thanks very much, red was my first choice in a 197 but then this R27 appeared and I just had to have it.

i've played around with the sticker problem a bit and have managed to reduce the white spots, will post pictures later.

White spots should go away with some form of trim restorer. I've got some Poorboys which seems to work a treat on them.

Nice purchase though, albi looks awesome.

197 Team F1
Re: Albi R27 452/500 (UPDATE 11.01.2013)

UPDATE 11.01.2013

So today saw the postman bringing yet more goodies for the R27, this time in the form of LED’s to replace the interior, glove box, boot, splash and number plate lights.

25.jpg

I’ve fitted the interior and slash lights so far and I’m over the moon with them. Pictures to follow.

As you can see from the pictures below I have managed to reduce the white spots on the stickers. After plenty of searching someone suggested that I try and use Autoglym Fast Glass and a scrubbing brush on them. I tried this and then applied a cost of Auto Finesse Revive and all appears to be fine so far, so fingers crossed.

21.jpg

22.jpg

Today also saw me getting my new Pioneer DEH-X9500 Bluetooth head unit fitted.

Before
23.jpg

I decided to go for this head unit because it had the built in Bluetooth as I felt there was no where to really mount the Parrott 3200 Bluetooth kid I already owned that would look passable. As you can see I have also fitted the Megane surround, which is painted silver to match in with the surround on the climate control.

After
24.jpg

Also the paperwork finally came through allowing me to put my cherished plate onto the R27, I think you’ll agree it looks great on the car.

19.jpg

20.jpg

I’d love to hear what you think of everything I’ve done to the car so far, and also if you have any questions please feel free to ask away.

John

Last edited:
  BMW E34 540i
Re: Albi R27 452/500 (UPDATE 11.01.2013)

UPDATE 11.01.2013

So today saw the postman bringing yet more goodies for the R27, this time in the form of LED’s to replace the interior, glove box, boot, splash and number plate lights.

25.jpg

I’ve fitted the interior and slash lights so far and I’m over the moon with them. Pictures to follow.

John

Considering this as well will subscribe the thread to see the effect in the dark.

197 Team F1
UPDATE 12.01.2013

Today saw the postman bringing yet another delivery for the Clio (yes I am struggling to keep track of everything I’ve bought for it). This time he brought with him black wheel nuts.

26.jpg

I’m not sure what to do about the lock nut. I know McGard do a black lock nut, but I really don’t want to pay the stupid amount their wanting for them.

John

197 Team F1
What does your plate mean?

how much did the wheel bolts set you back mate?

The plate doesn't mean anything in particular, it was just a nice 3 + 3 plate I bought years ago. As for the 202bhp, we'll see what the future holds ;)

The bolts were abut £30 delivered off eBay. I thought they were coming from a company in England but turns out they actually came from a place about 20miles from me here in Northern Ireland.

197 Team F1
Lovely motor! Nice 3 digit reg too :)

Thanks very much, bought it years ago. Thought it was better to have a nice 3 + 3 than a cheap personalised plate.

Omfg that Is just stunning, I love that colour so much
Just amazing! Either that car next or a 225 hopefully same colour!

Thanks very much. I've fallen in love with the colour myself, on a sunny day it is absolutely stunning.

197 Team F1
UPDATE 13.01.2013

This morning saw me making a trip to somewhere I absolutely hate, Halfords. But it was a trip that had to be made; as I had to buy myself new mini blade fuses so I can replace the one that had blown while changing the number plate lights.

28.jpg

Always a nice way to start of a Sunday morning.

John

197 Team F1
UPDATE 17.01.2013

Yesterday saw another big decision being made.

I had a bit of money left from buying the car and I decided instead of spending in on something stupid that I would be sensible and buy a set of front tyres with it.

So the question came around, which tyres to replace the existing Continental Sport Contact 5’s with?

So I decided to not rock the boat and to just stick with Continental Sport Contact 5’s again as I haven’t been able to fault them so far.

So even though the tyres on the car don’t need changed just yet I now have a spare set for when the rubber on the car needs changed.

29.JPG

30.JPG

This morning I was at a bit of a loose end and the weather wasn’t really that great so couldn’t justify washing the car yet again, so instead I decided to grease the wheel nuts on the car as I could nearly guarantee it had never been done.

31.jpg

John

BMW M135i
You don't grease wheel bolts, or anything that should be torqued and you want to stay done up for that matter of fact.

197 Team F1
UPDATE 21.01.2013

So while I was replacing the standard 501 bulbs on the car for led bulbs I managed to do this.

32.jpg

So I went onto eBay to see if I could find a replacement and lucky enough I stumbled across one. Its arrived in this mornings post and I was happily surprised to see it was brand new and still in the original packaging.

33.jpg

34.jpg

This time around I took special care to remove the clear lens part of the light, as I really didn’t want to risk breaking another one.

35.jpg

Also in this mornings post was my touch up paint which I had ordered from The Scratch Doctor.

36.jpg

Due to the weather I haven’t had a chance to try it out and see how close the colour match is, but I will let you all know once I have tested the paint.

John

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Nice, I wasn't a massive fan of Albi Blue but seeing it on your 197, clean, it looks pretty tidy!

You do love eBay haha

197 Team F1
Nice, I wasn't a massive fan of Albi Blue but seeing it on your 197, clean, it looks pretty tidy!

You do love eBay haha

Thanks very much. Yea I love eBay for finding all the small bits and pieces for my car. The bonus of it is that you don't have to pay the stupid prices dealers ask for stuff.

197 Team F1
UPDATE 27.01.2013

So while changing the glove box light bulb to a new LED blub I managed to blow the fuse. Of course Renault being Renault didn’t make it easy to access this bulb. In the fuse panel below the glove box this is one of the top two fuses, which just happens to be inaccessible through the hatch. I was stressing out about how I would get it sorted as not only had it stopped all interior lights working, but it had also stopped the rear wiper from working (yes I know, typical French wiring).

I them found a post online telling me to do the following:

Remove the trim to the left of the steering wheel.
37.jpg

Pull the panel away from the dash.
38.jpg

And there you have it, access to the fuses.
39.jpg

Fuse changed, everything was working again.

Highlight of my weekend was getting the R27 up to 37.3mpg. This is the highest I’ve managed to get since picking the car up at the start of December.
40.jpg

Yesterday the postman brought me yet another parcel. This time it was some Philips Silver Vision indicator bulbs.
41.jpg

Onto the fitting…

Before
42.JPG

43.JPG

After
44.jpg

45.jpg

While having the glove box out to fix the cable you my iPhone to the head unit I also thought I would try and fix the annoying rattling that sometimes comes from the glove box. I read somewhere that the rattling was being caused by glovebox vibrating against the metal bracket which it clips into.
46.jpg

47.JPG

So I added some padding to the clip on the back of the glove box.
48.jpg

I guess only time will tell if its worked or not.

John

197 Team F1
UPDATE 03.02.2013

So I woke up to a lovely day yesterday morning and thought I would set about changing the sidelight bulbs in the car to leds.

Standard
49.jpg

Purchased through eBay I decided I would go for the same type of bulb that I had used for the interior lights as the 5 leds would give off more light than just a single led.

LED
50.jpg

51.jpg

I think that me done with the modifying and changing parts at the moment as I'm more than happy with the car in its present state. No all I have to do is maintain it with a high level of care and best of all drive it.

John

197 Team F1
UPDATE 05.02.2013

For some reason I don't think the car will be going anywhere today. Always nice to wake up to a layer of snow on the car.

52.JPG

John

197 Team F1
UPDATE 16.02.2013

So things have been a bit quiet recently with any progression on the R27. I'm mainly just been enjoying driving it.

Recently though I've managed to get the average mpg to show this.

53.jpg

So I'm a happy chappy on that front.

Today saw another purchase arrive in the post. With deciding to sell my black wheel nuts I was contemplating just painting the standard nuts, but then I was trawling through eBay and stumbled across these.

55.jpg

54.jpg

I they actually work really well with the colour of the wheels.

56.jpg

57.jpg

John

197 Team F1
UPDATE 18.02.2013

So as I said in the first post when I purchased the R27 the skin of the driver side Recaro was coming away around the bolster area.

5.jpg

I have finally got around to fixing the problem and touch wood its been a good fix so far.

58.jpg

59.jpg

Also after reading lots of detailing posts I've purchased some Iron X to clean up all the iron based contaminants that have settled on the paint of the car.

60.jpg

Really looking forward to trying this product out and seeing what difference it makes.

John

197 Team F1
UPDATE 21.02.2013

So after cleaning the car yesterday I decided to take a bit of time this morning paying attention to the finer details that are generally over looked (yes I know this is a bit OCD).

I started off with the gear knob, as I don’t think it had ever been cleaned.

Before
61.jpg

After
62.jpg

Even though it wasn’t overly dirty I gave the area in behind the mirror adjustment knob a clean too.

Before
63.jpg

After
64.jpg

Then I moved onto the doorsills.

Before
65.jpg

After
66.jpg

And into the door shuts, which I also don’t think had ever been cleaned (even though the dealer that sold me the car apparently gave it a full valet).

Before
67.jpg

After
68.jpg

Before
71.jpg

After
72.jpg

The rubbers around the doors had collected a lot of dirt too, so they were next on the list of too do’s.

Before
73.jpg

After
74.jpg

Then I moved onto the door catch and rubber. As you can see, even though the inside of the doors are cleaned at the same time as the rest of the car, behind them seems to collect a lot of dirt.

Before
69.jpg

After
70.jpg

Before
75.jpg

After
76.jpg

77.jpg

And the edge of the bump strip on the door seemed to collect dirt that isn’t picked up by a normal clean, so these were the last things to get looked at.

Before
78.jpg

After
79.jpg

I know there’s a lot more on the car that needs time spent on it, but I feel each of the items I looked at above have made a massive difference to the overall appearance of the car.

John