ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Albi R27 452/500 (UPDATE 09.01.2013)

197 Team F1
super tidy that mate. Albi is such an underrated colour imo

Thanks very much Gaz, I agree, everyone wants the yellow but to me theres a richness about the albi that just makes the car look expensive.

I use the same shampoo. Love it.
Do they come with wind deflectors as standard?

No the were an extra added by me James, if you have a look back through the thread there should be more details about them.

197 Team F1
UPDATE 25.07.2013

So last night was a bit interesting, there was some of the worst weather I have ever experienced. A thunderstorm passed over my house with some of the loudest thunder I have ever heard, it was literally like an explosion going off beside the house.

Anyway, on the plus side it has given me the chance to get some lovely beading shots this morning.

376.jpg

377.jpg

378.jpg

379.jpg

380.jpg

But on the down side the sticker problem is back. I know a lot of people were putting this down to the glue in the sticker or the shampoo I was using but I’m putting it down to some sort of impurity in the rainwater. The only time I really ever have a problem with the stickers is after a heavy downpour.

381.jpg

382.jpg

383.jpg

384.jpg

There’s another storm due in this afternoon, so the stickers are going to have to wait a couple of days to be sorted.

John

Clio R27
Hi John!

u got a very nice R27!

may I know how u fix the bolster problem in more details ?

i got the some problem too!

thanks a lot !

197 Team F1
UPDATE 30.07.2013

With there having been pretty much nothing but rain since I last cleaned the car, when I woke up this morning and saw a break in the rain I felt it was only right that I go and capture some beading p**n to share with you all.

385.jpg

386.jpg

387.jpg

388.jpg

I’m pretty happy with the beading I’m getting at the moment but cant wait for my latest purchase to arrive, so I can see what difference it makes.

John

197 Team F1
UPDATE 31.07.2013

This morning my latest purchases from Polished Bliss arrived.

First off we have some Auto Finesse Avalanche along with an Atomiza Dispensing Pump and a spare bottle for my PA Foam Lance.

389.jpg

This was purchased to replace my old out of date snow foam, which unsurprisingly wasn’t breaking down the dirt on the car as a snow foam should.

Also arriving this morning was my latest extravagance, in the form of the Auto Finesse Temptation Kit.

390.jpg

The kit consists of:

1 x Auto Finesse Tripple (250 ml)
1 x Auto Finesse Temptation (200 ml)
1 x Auto Finesse Finale (500 ml)
1 x Meguiar's Microfibre Applicator Pad
1 x Meguiar's Foam Applicator Pad
1 x PB Super Buffing Towel
2 x Poorboy's Deluxe Mega Towels

I’m really looking forward to seeing the finish the new wax gives compared to my old Meguiar’s stuff, there will be another update soon I’m sure.

John

Last edited:
  197 Team F1
Update 02.08.2013

So today saw me tackling my troublesome PA Foam Lance and trying out my new Auto Finesse Avalanche snow foam.

John

Last edited by a moderator:
  197 Team F1
Update 12.08.2013

So my latest purchase arrived in the form of new weather strips.

391.jpg

As you can see the old strips were cracking, splitting and even pulling away from the window with no effort.

392.jpg

393.jpg

394.jpg

395.jpg

396.jpg

I simply just pulled the strip away from the window and it really came off with ease.

397.jpg

398.jpg

399.jpg

400.jpg

401.jpg

A quick spray of tar and glue remover to remove any glue left behind from the old strip.

402.jpg

Just using a scalpel to lightly scrape off and of the glue or strip that the tar and glue remover didn’t manage to shift.

403.jpg

Line the top corner of the strip with the corner of the window, so it obviously sits perfect all the way down.

404.jpg

After pushing the strip in the whole way down I used the card to push it in a bit further and also push it a bit tighter to the window.

405.jpg

All looking good…

406.jpg

407.jpg

Now to just close the door and let it all set into place.

408.jpg

As you can see the old rubbers have definitely seen better day, time they hit the bin.

409.jpg

Since changing the weather strips the car has definitely sounded a lot quieter inside with a significant reduction in wind noise.

John

197 Team F1
Lovely 197, cleaning gear looks nice. Need to try some Auto Finesse

Thanks very much. I still haven't tried out the Auto Finesse, the weathers been a bit pants here lately so just waiting for a wee dry spell.

You just keep finding wee things to fix and repair, thats exactly how a car should be kept!

Thanks very much. My previous cars have been the same, I think that when your done finding things to sort/tidy up on them then its time for a change.

197 Team F1
So it’s been a while since my last update due to work and a few other commitments, but here’s a post to bring everything up to date.

Update 14.10.2013

This update sees me getting the front tyres changed. Having read reviews on what works best with the Clio I was left a bit confused about what to go for. In the end I decided just to opt for Continental SportContact 5’s again as that’s what was on the car since I got it and I knew that I liked driving on them.

437.jpg

438.jpg

439.jpg

440.jpg

441.jpg

442.jpg

Yes the wheels did need a bit of encouragement to come off.

443.jpg

New shoes fitted, hopefully it’ll be another year before I need to think about changing them again.

John

197 Team F1
Update 22.11.2013

With the year of ownership mark coming up and the car soon being due for MOT I got the car booked in for its annual service.

With the car being really out of sync with what Renault suggest for its services (the car is 6 years old and has little over 28000 miles on it) it was suggested that I go for a simple oil and filter change as the belts have already been taken care of.

So I got the car booked in with Johnny at AI Autosport for the service as I know his standard of work is second to none.

444.jpg

445.jpg

First step was to get the old oil out of the car.

451.jpg

452.jpg

453.jpg

454.jpg

456.jpg

457.jpg

458.jpg

459.jpg

460.jpg

Then while the car was with Johnny and the fact its 6 years old I thought why not change the spark plugs while its here.

446.jpg

447.jpg

448.jpg

449.jpg

450.jpg

Johnnys mentioned to me that I’ll probably need new brake pads in the next 5-6 months, so if anyone has any suggestions as to what I should go for please feel free to fire them my direction.

John

197 Team F1
Update 29.11.2013

Its that time of year again, the R27 was due its MOT.

461.jpg

462.jpg

Thankfully it passed with flying colours (even if it was a wee bit dirty), now for another year of motoring.

John

197 Team F1
Update 13.12.2013

During the recent service I forgot to get the cabin/pollen filter changed. So I got onto the internet and placed an order for a new filter and this arrived in the post at the start of the week.

467.jpg

Time to remove the old one.

468.jpg

I know this is supposed to be a quick two minute job but I found it awkward ay first because I forgot to line the clip on the top up first (rookie mistake).

I really didn’t expect it to be this dirty with a years motoring.

469.jpg

470.jpg

And the new one ready to be fitted.

471.jpg

All changed and good to go.

A couple of days ago this happened….

472.jpg

I was over taking a car and he decided he didn’t have enough of the road and started moving out toward me, this resulted in me having to move into the ditch and in turn hitting a rock and bursting both driver side tires. Of course the other driver just drove on and I unfortunately missed taking his red down. This was definitely the last thing I needed two weeks before Christmas.

So it was off to the garage to get two new shoes on.

473.jpg

474.jpg

As you can see it wasn’t jus the tires that managed to get damaged.

475.jpg

476.jpg

477.jpg

What makes it even worse is one of the tires had only been on a few weeks and hadn’t even covered 1000 miles.

I'm now running Toyo T1R's on the front and Conti 5's on the rear, lets hope its a good while before they need changed again.

So any other plans I had for the car have been put on hold for the moment until I save up some more funds.

John

197 Team F1
Update 17.06.2014

So it’s been quite a while since my last update, so time to fill in what’s been happening since then.

Well back in January I spotted these for sale in the Clio197.net forum and as mine were a wee bit dog-eared they had to be purchased.

480.jpg

481.jpg

482.jpg

483.jpg

Some nice cold weather at the end of January

484.jpg

But it did give me the chance to get some nice frozen close-ups.

485.jpg

486.jpg

487.jpg

The R27 turned 30k

488.jpg

489.jpg

Time to clean the wheels and arches.

490.jpg

491.jpg

492.jpg

493.jpg

494.jpg

495.jpg

496.jpg

497.jpg

I treated myself /the car to some new washing products:

Bliberry Wheel Cleaner, Bilt Hamber Auto Wash and a Bilt Hamber Auto Mitt. This is my first decent wash mitt, so it’ll be interesting to see how it works out.

498.jpg

Tyres dressed with some Orchard Auto Care Glitz

499.jpg

500.jpg

This stuff is outstanding and brilliant value for money compared to the competition.

This is the first performance mod I have bought for any car, a K-Tec Pro Performance Decat Pipe.

Since buying the car I’d always been playing about with the idea of fitting a decat to it, and could never take the final step, but as luck would have it I stumbled across this one at what I felt was great value for money on the Clio197.net forum.

501.jpg

Now all I have to do is get it fitted.

Well as the good weather has arrived and the roads are no longer being salted I thought it was about time I fitted the center caps I’d bought in January.

As you can see the old ones have definitely seen better days.

502.jpg

503.jpg

New ones fitted.

504.jpg

505.jpg

506.jpg

507.jpg

Then this arrived this morning…

508.jpg

A wee present to myself from K-Tec

514.jpg

And fitting started straight away.

509.jpg

510.jpg

511.jpg

512.jpg

513.jpg

515.jpg

516.jpg

517.jpg

I’ve had a brief run out in the car, and all I can say is WOW!! The Clio sounds like an absolute animal now when the accelerator is touched.

Comparison video to come very soon.

John

197 Team F1
Update 21.06.2014

I was messaged by someone asking how to sort replace a blown fuse for the interior and glovebox lights.

Simply follow the pictures below:

518.jpg

519.jpg

520.jpg

521.jpg

John

197 Team F1
Update 26.06.2014

So it seems the finding things to spend my money on never ends. Spotted this on eBay, and at £10 it would have been rude not too./

525.JPG

526.JPG

While washing the car at the weekend I noticed the wipers have seen better days. So i placed an order on mister-auto.co.uk, cheapest I could find with the added bonus of free delivery and in under 24 hours the new wipers arrived at my door.

527.JPG

John

197 Team F1
Update 30.06.2014

Over the weekend when cleaning the car I thought it was the best time to change the wipers.

528.jpg

As you can see the old blades had definitely seen better days

529.jpg

New wipers fitted and good to go

530.jpg

And the result of the mornings cleaning.

531.jpg

One of my next cleaning projects will definitely have to be the seatbelts, as their a bit of a health hazard lol.

532.jpg

This morning saw me finally taking a trip down to Ai Autosport to get my decat fitted.

533.jpg

534.jpg

Restriction removed.

535.jpg

536.jpg

Decat fitted

537.jpg

First impressions are, it actually seems to have cut down some of the noise made by the induction kit. Maybe its all in my head, so I’ll keep you all up to speed with my opinion over the coming weeks when I get a good drive in the car.

When I arrived home from having my decat fitted, I was greeted by this parcel which had arrived in the post from Renault Wolverhampton.

538.jpg

All will be revealed tomorrow when I hopefully get it fitted ;)

As always your comments are greatly appreciated.

John

197 Team F1
Update 01.07.2014

Yesterday this parcel arrived from Renault Wolverhampton.

538.jpg

It was just like Christmas lol.

539.jpg

A replacement seat base.

540.jpg

I would just like to thank Adam and Dave at Renault Wolverhampton for their help in getting the order to me as soon as possible. First class service guys.

541.jpg

As you can see the one in my car has seen slightly better days.

542.jpg

543.jpg

Just checking to see where the clips under the seat were.

544.JPG

545.JPG

546.jpg

Seat base now removed.

547.jpg

When I had the base out I thought it would be stupid not to give the frame a wee clean up. I did resist the urge to polish it though lol.

548.jpg

549.jpg

Old and new.

550.jpg

New seat base now fitted. It was a bit awkward trying to get the rear bolts back in, but I eventually got there in the end.

551.jpg

I’m just going to have to be extra careful when getting in and outta the car now as I don’t ever want to have to buy another base.

I’m really looking forward to my next update now ;)

Comments welcome as always guys.

John

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Utter pain in the arse to remove aren't they :eek:

genuinely amazing attention to detail you have with this car. It wants for nothing!

do you mind if i ask how much the replacement base is just for if I need one in the future, Pm if need be.

197 Team F1
Utter pain in the arse to remove aren't they :eek:

genuinely amazing attention to detail you have with this car. It wants for nothing!

do you mind if i ask how much the replacement base is just for if I need one in the future, Pm if need be.

Thanks very much, I spoil the car more than I spoil myself lol.

The base was £280 plus delivery, its expensive but the bolster was annoying the hell outta me lol.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Thanks very much, I spoil the car more than I spoil myself lol.

The base was £280 plus delivery, its expensive but the bolster was annoying the hell outta me lol.

At least you'll be happy knowing you have an insanely mint r27, how do you find the decat? Was there much of a flatspot?

Oh my god. I really hope I don't need one lol!

197 Team F1
At least you'll be happy knowing you have an insanely mint r27, how do you find the decat? Was there much of a flatspot?

Oh my god. I really hope I don't need one lol!

Lol yea that does kinda help a bit.

The decat is fine so far and to be honest I haven't really noticed any flat spot, but then I haven't driven it in anger that much since getting the decay fitted.

As for the base, as long as your careful getting in and out of the car you should be fine. My passenger side one is starting to wear, I just hope it doesn't get to the point that I have to change it too.