ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air noise / bearing? suggestions.....?

Clio 1.5DCI 106 (07)
I have a 1.5 DCI (106 version) 2007. It has a noise that I cant put my finger on... like an air noise or someone suggested a bearing noise. The noise starts at 30mph but gets slightly louder and more noticeable past 35-40mph+. It isn't a very loud noise and it makes no difference on revs/gears/acceleration. Below 30mph and I cant hear it at all. I recently bought the car so Im unsure whether the noise is normal because its the 'sporty' version (as to me it sounds like an air noise similar to what a blowing exhaust may make) but the more I hear it I don't think it is 'normal'. Someone suggested a wheel bearing so I had the front drivers side done as that where it sounded like it was coming from to me (front of car) but it made no difference. I just did it for the sake of it as there was no play in them upon closer inspection.

Just asking for suggestions really..?
Thanks, Whiterose xx