ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice Request: Ride Height

M2 Competition
I dont think mark has a normal set-up mate. Every car is set-up individually, depending on usage, springs etc etc.

I also dont think you've ever been to mark's, so not sure how you'd know what a normal set-up is... :p

you are right i have never been to Mr fishes place but i have spoken to him about setup and setting also i know a few people that have had mark set there car up for them they are all around the same height and camber settings ;)

Lol, ok.

I know quite a few people that have had their car set-up by mark (including my own), and not one is running the same damping rates/ height/ camber...

But anyways, pointless arguing mate, were all just trying to make clio's go faster :)

What sort of set-up do you have on yours?

Last edited:
  megan R26.R number 006
you are right i have never been to Mr fishes place but i have spoken to him about setup and setting also i know a few people that have had mark set there car up for them they are all around the same height and camber settings ;)

Lol, ok.

I know quite a few people that have had their car set-up by mark (including my own), and not one is running the same damping rates/ height/ camber...

But anyways, pointless arguing mate, were all just trying to make clio's go faster :)

What sort of set-up do you have on yours?

the kit is gdi's new kit it is very close to the Leda kits but the internals are completely different the spring rates are 350lb on the front and 700lb springs on the rear it is very stiff but thanks to some clever bits of kit in side the dampers you dont get your back broken when you hit a pot hole or a bump .
as for camber i have got -2.5 deg camber on the front and the car corners like its on rails

Do you still have that anti roll bar thing fitted or did you rid that when the sachs dampers came off?

M2 Competition
Ah cool. Was running 3' neg til not long ago, handled awesome!

Do you find that when you adjust the damping, the dampers are out of sync with the springs?

Main thing you'll find is that once theyre set-up theyre amazing, but to alter the damping away from the set-up you have now you'll need harder/ softer springs to match.

megan R26.R number 006
Ah cool. Was running 3' neg til not long ago, handled awesome!

Do you find that when you adjust the damping, the dampers are out of sync with the springs?

Main thing you'll find is that once theyre set-up theyre amazing, but to alter the damping away from the set-up you have now you'll need harder/ softer springs to match.

well i run 8 clicks on the front for road and also for a wet track and 5 clicks on the back for road and also for wet track but if its a dry track then it goes up to 18 front and 20 rear i have not had any problems with the springs and the dampers after adjusting the settings but the dampers are valved for the spring rates so that may make a difference so far i have driven 1000 road miles and have done two track days with them i have tyred different damper settings but the settings i am running now are what i like i did try to run them on the track settings on the road but it made my fillings come out but for some reason unlike some of the coilovers that are out there it did not brake my back it was just very firm i cant explain how they work so well on the road and then you just adjust them a bit and they are ready for track work .

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
so how much has your trophy been dropped by? And you running spacers on the standard trophy turinis?

megan R26.R number 006
so how much has your trophy been dropped by? And you running spacers on the standard trophy turinis?

i don't know how much it lowered the car by but i know the ride height is the same height as a Clio cup the 10mm spacers are temporary as i am getting the mk2 version of the coilovers with the mk1 damper cases you could not get enough camber with out it fowling the coilovers