ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on Clio Williams

not sure, Im not really a regular reader of either... I just look at the pictures and nod my head whenever anyone asks me about current events... lol

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 19 November 2004

Quote: Originally posted by FlamingMonkey on 19 November 2004

Quote: Originally posted by TomS on 19 November 2004

Why is the willy luxury compared to the 16v?

I prefer the valver interior to the wiliams!!

Cause I said so :p, I was using it as an example that people will argue over anything right or wrong, I prefer my seats in my Willy to the seats in my old Valver, I wasnt asking anyone to agree with me, just telling you how I feel, the seats in my old Ph1 valver feel different to the ones in my Ph2 Willy, I dunno.

You prefer the Valver to the Williams fair dos Im not arsed and neither should you, lol

Ive had experience of both, and prefer the Willys seats, all Im trying to get across is try them all, see which is the best and then go for it, seats, cars, ladys ;)
its not a case of which you think are better Rob, the Willy seats are better :cool:. After driving my valver the other night and stepping straight back into the Williams, the seats are completely different. The Willy seats seem more padded and supportive (not in an emotional kind of way... before you ask! http://www.cliosport.net/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif)
Is your valvar phase 2 though?

I swear they are the same! lol

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1100871645__seats.jpghttp://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1100871645__seats.jpg

Polo GTi

Yep looking at the pic your right Ph2 Valver seats look the same as Willy seats, My old Valver and Jesuss Valver are Ph 1 which are different, less comfy I reckon, IMHO

No, its a phase 1, but sos my m8s that has those exact seats in the picture and he says the same too. The Willy seats just feel more supportive and the sides seem higher and more padded.

Polo GTi

Quote: Originally posted by Tom16v on 19 November 2004
Thought they were! lolComfy aint they!

Yep lovely, although not taking anything away from the ph1 Valver seats as they were great too, but not quite as good as the Willy Ph2s

Vee dub

Flaming monkey - I am doing exactly the same and putting my view across

Valver seats rule.. end of!!

lol

:p

(phase 2)

Polo GTi

Quote: Originally posted by TomS on 19 November 2004
Flaming monkey - I am doing exactly the same and putting my view acrossValver seats rule.. end of!!lol:p(phase 2)

Good work lad :)

Vee dub

I have sat in both willy and obviously phase 2 valver seats and they are quality!

Would prefer the standard seats to buckets really

Tom

Im ashamed to say that I sold one of the mintest Williams out there - No. 123. Brilliant, loveable, talented car.

The Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo I replaced it with is subjectively "as fast" and "faster" (yes, even round corners), but its not actually as much as youd think and the envolvement isnt so great.

What you have in the Willy is a perfect harmony of power and control. The Coupe has too much power to safely apply on twisty B-roads, where the Williams puts it all down. No need for ABS, traction control in the Willy.

...and then theres the exclusivity. Pure class from the No.1 hot hatch ever. All this is said by an impending 172/Cup owner. They can never move the game on like the Willy did.

imo the willy is the best car i have ever driven

the williams is just raw unleased power u know where u are and the car tells u want it wants, where as the the 172 is just too smooth and little sensation from the car

i have been in a 350 bhp scooby and it felt no where near as fast as the williams i have restored for clare, when i took the owner of the scoob out he was amazed on how responsive and nimble the power delivery was and how it just pulled all the way throught the rev range,

get a williams if u look after it, u should not have many major problems as it was probly one of the best designed engines that renault ever produced,

ni

320d M Sport

kellys williams had me off a roundabout and then to about 110 other day, i couldnt catch it.

as for jons (2live), ive raced that far too many times. it was never slower than mine, at first it was just who could change gear better, its faster than my 172 for sure tho, bends, straights the lot.

but then, jons a mad f**ker......

R26.r #156

I had a http://www.excess.net/williamswilliams 3 and now have a 172/cup. Id never look back.....!! The Williams is a FANTASTIC car, great smooth power delivery and predictable understeer that then goes to 4 wheel drift, mine was superbly balanced. I had a bit of a dust up with a 172 in it and i felt like I was being cruel in thrashing mine to keep up, the 172 is definatly edgier. I was going to get a 182 but ended up in a 172-Cup. I like the idea of the CUP alot more, far closer to a new school version of the williams. The CUP is defiantly tuned more up in the rev range, this was the 1st thing I noticed but the accelaration through the gears in a CUP is awesome, a marked difference to the Williams.

Both cars are superb, youll not be dissapointed at all especially after the VTR. I really dont like Saxos at all bad seats, plastic of plastic and build quality is nothing short of SHOCKING, its my opinion and i dont want to p**s any one off, you take it all as you find it! ;)

I miss my williams for the collectors value but Im loving the CUP, ALOT...!

Running costs are not that expensive in the williams. I got Eagle f1s for it for about 70£ each, cam belt was about £180 servicing was ballpark £150-200 and had no major faults at all. The CUP is so new that MOTs exempt, servicing starts at 12,000 mine on 8,000, tax is tax and insurance is cheaper than the williams at about £450 fully comp. Hope that all helps and enjoy your new Renault matey :)