ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

advice on a 172

i am thinking of getting a 172 if i do i will probabilly have to get a early one but just wondered if this is a wise move and what is the cost on parts and insurance compared to a valver

Fiesta ST Stage 3

Get one mate they are just the best.

Insurance for me = age 22 / 2 years n.c.b = £ 960 fully comp.

Fiesta ST Stage 3

Tesco and live in Bognor west sussex ie low crime i think.

Went from a 206 gti 137 bhp to the mk 1 172 i loved the 206 but 172

= FUN FUN FUN

Fiesta ST Stage 3

Easey so far just keep the oil nice and new and thats it . Spark plugs dont need changing till 68k and cam belt at 50 ish k mine runs as sweet as a nut and that is with some hard driving at times + the fule mpg is so good drive it like a nutter and the fule only goes down by a small bit.

Mods are the same price as say a 106 gti and all cars like that ie

viper for 206 gti = £250

viper for 172 mk1 = £250

Id say go for it mate!!!

I was in the same boat a couple of weeks ago, couldnt decide whether to spend my £ on a deposit on a flat or a 172... the car won! :)

No regrets either, its an excellent little car! :D

mk1 172

scotty,

i went from a 1.2 mk1 clio to my mk1 172.

i can honestly say that it is the best thing i have ever done !!!!

driving a 172 is an unbelievable experience, so bloody fast, its actually hard to keep it in 30 !

petrol is dear but surprisingly good bearing in mind the size of the engine.

my exhaust went and it cost nearly 500 quid to get put right, nothing else has gone wrong with it.............touch wood !

im 26, 2 years no claims and my insurance is 700 quid (direct line) group 16, not bad at all.

cheers

darswold