ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adrian flux 'red department'

Honda & VW
No idea but AF in general are sh#i if you ask me, my experience with them has put me right off using them forever.

imo steer clear and shop about, if they turn out to be the cheapest make sure you compare the cover etc i.e. the cheapest is not always the best.

Clio dynamique 1.6 16v
Yeah, why arent they good? Im lookin to renew insurance in feb and wanna put mods on it so was hoping to go with them, on the basis I get a decent quote. Thanks

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I dont rate them, but would go with them if they were cheap.

I changed bikes 2 months into my policy, original premium including interest for paying monthly was £450. Rang up to change and they wouldn't do the new bike at my age so cancelled early to go elsewhere and when i add up fee's and how much i had paid so far it cost me nearly £400, almost the same as the full year was going to cost.

I reckon they are alright unless you want to change anything, then its £££.

BMW M135i
I've been with them 3 years now simply because they were the cheapest by far, never had a problem thus far despite changing cars mods etc. Although I haven't had the golden test of having to claim yet either (and don't want to!).

CMR

A ROFLCOPTER
I used flux in the past for one of my previous cars that not many insurers will touch (Glanza V), they were ok.. didnt charge me any extra for any mods which I had alot of, but the paperwork they ask you to fill out is stupid and excessive.

Declarations for this and that, and if you dont send it back the same day you get another letter saying if you don't return it in 3 days your insurance will be cancelled etc.. this was for a 7000 miles declaration form lol! Bit over the top.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Adrian Flux were great with me for the Punto GT and its mods. They approached it logically and didn't flap about the car being non-standard.

The only reason I changed from them was the fact that the premium went up by nearly £200 the following year. Despite being at the same address, no further changes to the PGTT, and a further 1 years no claims....

D.

Nissan 350z
The only reason I changed from them was the fact that the premium went up by nearly £200 the following year. Despite being at the same address, no further changes to the PGTT, and a further 1 years no claims....

D.

Exactly the same with me. Nothing changed other than getting another year of NCB and yet at renewal time they wanted twice the money of the other cheapest (Greenlight).

When i told them this they essentially called me a liar and that to match the quote they would know step by step screenshots of me entering accurate and correct details into Greenlights website. Wasnt worth the hassle so just went with the cheaper instead.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
The red department specialize in modified cars. When you ring and are put through to reception ask them to put you through to the red department.

IMO if you declare everything I don't really see how they can get out of paying if you were to crash. They were also the cheapest for me by miles.

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
No problems here with adrian flux. Have been great for me.

same here, just renewed and put the other half on the insurance at no extra cost.

We tried Skyinsurance, Brentacre and Greenlight as well as the usual suspects and none came even remotely close.

CS Dungeon
Flux have always been great for us!

The old Ph1 172 went from standard to having coilies, 17" superleggerras, carbon bonnet, viper i/k and magnex system.
Insurance premium stayed the same but was charged a £15 admin fee.
Premium also didnt go up come renewal time either

Only extra paperwork was a modifications form where they asked for modification description and cost.

Qashcow
yellowbelly, how were they poo for you?

ive not got a bad word to say about AF, insured me as 21yr old on a skyline gtr and no one else would.

all mods declared on the clio, insured 3rd party on other vehicles, and like for like mods, they dont replace coilovers with renault etc, pay about £530 ish i think

Evo 8 MR
They are good but I'll be switching to another insurer in March as they cannot quote me on my next car lolz.

320d
Can't fault them myself. They're very knowledgeable and helpful as far as i'm concerned.

I like the fact they know about cars too, what car are you after cover of sir? Clio 172. What year? 2000. Job done.

None of the make, model, engine size, fuel, transmission..... and also after giving all of your information they actually give you a competitive quote.

Gave me a reasonable quote but were beaten by Brentacre.

Only quibble I had was the girl I spoke to on the phone. She was talking really quickly and trying to fire through all the relevant question as quickly as possible. Then tried to get to me to take out the policy even though I made it clear it was just a quote I was after.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Gave me a reasonable quote but were beaten by Brentacre.

Only quibble I had was the girl I spoke to on the phone. She was talking really quickly and trying to fire through all the relevant question as quickly as possible. Then tried to get to me to take out the policy even though I made it clear it was just a quote I was after.
The thing i liked the most when I called brentacre was the guy had a genuine interest in the car, what mods I planned to do and then we actually had a chat about what he would do etc. Really friendly guys.

Flux on the other hand seem to have a get it done quick attitude, I have friends who have rung up and they have just said sorry were not competitive and hung up.

CK seem ok but dont have the passion brentacre have (lol at passion)

The thing i liked the most when I called brentacre was the guy had a genuine interest in the car, what mods I planned to do and then we actually had a chat about what he would do etc. Really friendly guys.

Flux on the other hand seem to have a get it done quick attitude, I have friends who have rung up and they have just said sorry were not competitive and hung up.

CK seem ok but dont have the passion brentacre have (lol at passion)

Did you talk to Gary? and yeah I agree much more relaxed, you actually got time to think lol. He said to me quite a few people off this forum insure their cars with Brentacre.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Did you talk to Gary? and yeah I agree much more relaxed, you actually got time to think lol. He said to me quite a few people off this forum insure their cars with Brentacre.
Could of been, took his name down but it was 2 months ago now.

Clio dynamique 1.6 16v
Im looking to mod my clio a fair bit so want to look and AF or even brent acre. Just wondering if anyone has had to claim with them and what theyre like, any experiences/help would be great! Thanks :)

Pug 205 gti
im with sky, deff gonna get another quote from them when my policy runs out in a few months. quality service an the dude i spoke to was a real nice bloke

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Flux were fine for me, had 2 non fault accidents and they were all sorted fine with no problems (1 didn't require flux to do anything though).

Only moved as I got a cheaper quote elsewhere.