ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adams ph1 172 ?

CLIO PH1 172
This is one awesome ph1 mate. Lots of time and £ gone into it.

Cheers but tbh there's actually not that much money been put into it. I don't think iv even spent more than £500 on the car yet lol and some people spend thousands ..............

(Not inc the plate obv)

CLIO PH1 172
UPDATE:

so after collecting my wheels (prorace 1.2s) about 2 weeks ago i finally got around to buying tyres (toyo t1rs) and fitting them, im happy with the way the car sits on them, although i think i will be needing coilovers in the near future as now its stripped the back end has creeped up a bit.

sorry for the poor pics i will get some proper ones tomorrow!

IMG00056-20100513-1232.jpg

IMG00057-20100513-2016.jpg

comments please :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Looks really good mate, better pics are needed though tbh.

I want to come have a poke around, but I'll have to wait until Steve gets this driveshaft to me, snore....

Car went into Orpington today for bonnet catch :D

Megane 225 F1
Looks lovely mate. Really fresh and looks quite standard but at the same time modified. I cant wait to get mine :)

CLIO PH1 172
thanks buddy yea from the outside its pretty standard but the insides all striped (wel not as much as i would like) you will love it when you get one !

CLIO PH1 172
UPDATE:

so the annoying idle was back:mad:!!!!and with a trip to renault and £70 later its fixed i tried everything to free the old ICV up but nothing, so i had to get a new one with this fitted and the car idling perfect again i gave it a new oil filter and some fresh oil.;)

i have now also fitted my brake ducts, i replaced the fogs with a CAF to the front brakes . which i think look pretty cool

Also a new rear exhaulst mount was needed so as the car was getting some love i put that on to. i had a bit of trouble as all three bolts snapped off the old one but still at least its sorted now :D will get some pics up very soon!

CLIO PH1 172
hahaha *tart* nah thanks for what you helped with buddy i ended up going to renault in the end and getting a new icv ...

oh and you left your spray here btw if ur passing or in the area give me a bell !

just picked up a new skirt from DannyR (cheers buddy) so that will be going on sometime over the w/e!!

CLIO PH1 172
bit more tidying up today !

cables connected in a proper box

IMG00157-20100707-1857.jpg

still not sure were to put this but here will do for now!

sound deadening removed and brake lines wrapped in heat proofing!

IMG00151-20100707-1644.jpg

IMG00152-20100707-1644.jpg

IMG00153-20100707-1644.jpg

and how its sitting atm!

IMG00156-20100707-1857.jpg

CLIO PH1 172
after fitting the battey in the boot and using audio cable i wanted to change to some proper battery cable i also added a 300amp fuse and a cut of switch which i located in the dash.

heres the results (sorry for poor images)

IMG00210-20100803-1856.jpg

IMG00212-20100803-1857.jpg

IMG00209-20100803-1856.jpg

IMG00198-20100803-1852.jpg

spot it?............

IMG00200-20100803-1853.jpg

IMG00203-20100803-1853.jpg

IMG00204-20100803-1854.jpg

IMG00196-20100803-1852.jpg

should be picking a cage up for it next week so more updates to come!

CLIO PH1 172
so i collected the cage and fitted here it is

really happy with it and loving the car atm.

next thing on the to do list is belts, coilovers, and some track time!! all expensive so will have to wait for now.

although i do have one of the group buy custom arbs in the post to me atm, so that will be going on when it comes and also getting the rest of my dash flocked (which is why i have some parts missing atm)

IMG_8036.jpg

IMG_8037.jpg

IMG_8038.jpg

IMG_8065.jpg

IMG_8066.jpg

and just because i like this photo ;)
IMG_8057.jpg

Ph1 172
very nice looking Clio mate. couple of questions if i may?

how do you find the driving position of your steering wheel? thinking about getting a similar style? I'm 6,2 and a little worried about room etc

Also what did you use for the fog light / cold air feed to the brakes? looks trick :cool:

keep up the good work mate

CLIO PH1 172
very nice looking Clio mate. couple of questions if i may?

how do you find the driving position of your steering wheel? thinking about getting a similar style? I'm 6,2 and a little worried about room etc

Also what did you use for the fog light / cold air feed to the brakes? looks trick :cool:

keep up the good work mate

the room is not a problem atall, although because now my seat is pretty much on the floor i need to lower the steering wheel a couple of inches to suit the new driving posistion

as for the fog ducts i used 72mm caf ends and some ridged caf pipe i will try find the ebay link for you, there a perfect fit!

Ph1 172
cool cheers for the info mate, ebay link would be handy, my fog lights don't work and there is pretty much no need for them i this country :approve:

CLIO PH1 172
rear custom arb fitted thanks to the group buy :D

it needs seting up but i will leave it pretty nutral for now untill the weather drys up a bit

IMG_8163.jpg

IMG_8160.jpg

IMG_8161.jpg

clio 172 phase 1
car looks quality m8 and like the way your going with it! but id be para about that rear arb catching on stuff

CLIO PH1 172
took the car for a bit of a more spirited drive today as the weather is nicer to try out the new arb and my god its made a difference and i think its set pretty softish atm! it feels like the car is planted throughout the entire corner with very little role atall, and considering my suspention is standard apart from lowering springs it corners pretty well

and i dont see it catching on anything really as its pretty close to the wheel so as the wheel goes up (a curb, bump ect....) so with this ?

CLIO PH1 172
update

not many pics but thats because not much has happened worthy of any pics ;)

so i went to see danny (sidewaysdanny) @ 519 automitive to get my belts a dephasser changed and what a difference it has made heres a before video and after

before (click on the image)
th_VID00002-20100421-1336-1.jpg

after (click on the image)
th_VID00015-20100918-1616-Copy.jpg

as you can see it sound sooooo much better.

i have also raised the arb a bit just so its not so low, i had no problems with it how it was but by doing this it just gives it a bit more clearence

IMG00259-20100918-1605-Copy.jpg

i have also got my flocked centre section and steering cowl fitted

IMG00260-20100918-1605.jpg

i now just need the lower dash done. once i have this i wil then strip the front out of all plastics carpet and roof lining my plan is to then get the interior inc the cage painted gloss white.

Cro

Meg'd r27
Jeez check out the difference in sound there, I was waiting on you starting the engine and then noticed the belt spinning!! Dash looks well, any plans for the bottom half?

CLIO PH1 172
Jeez check out the difference in sound there, I was waiting on you starting the engine and then noticed the belt spinning!! Dash looks well, any plans for the bottom half?

it will also be getting flocked buddy hopfully very soon!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
took the car for a bit of a more spirited drive today as the weather is nicer to try out the new arb and my god its made a difference and i think its set pretty softish atm! it feels like the car is planted throughout the entire corner with very little role atall, and considering my suspention is standard apart from lowering springs it corners pretty well

and i dont see it catching on anything really as its pretty close to the wheel so as the wheel goes up (a curb, bump ect....) so with this ?

I've got mine on now to... Really makes a huge difference, I have mine set as you, fairly neutral..... Dont lift on on roundabouts is all I can say! Bit of a Moment early morning last week on way home from a mates, resulted me exiting the industrial estate I cut through Fast and Furious Tokyo drift style :eek::eek:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Haven't checked this in a while, cannot believe the difference the belt/dephaser change has made, sounds like a different car. Does it drive a lot better?

Saw you raised the ARB, good choice ;)

I also noticed something a bit further back I hadn't read....so a question if I may:

You said you snapped all the bolts off when you changed the rear exhaust mount, what the hell did you do about this??? (I may have snapped a bolt and want to fix it).

Centre section looks amazing flocked, is that the standard gear gaitor?

CLIO PH1 172
no not been on track yet (ever, in any thing, lol) but it will be ready after i fit the discs and buy it some new pads as mine are currently shite!

seems when i have some money to finaly put it on track i have to pay something or i buy something new for the car lol

CLIO PH1 172
Haven't checked this in a while, cannot believe the difference the belt/dephaser change has made, sounds like a different car. Does it drive a lot better?

Saw you raised the ARB, good choice ;)

I also noticed something a bit further back I hadn't read....so a question if I may:

You said you snapped all the bolts off when you changed the rear exhaust mount, what the hell did you do about this??? (I may have snapped a bolt and want to fix it).

Centre section looks amazing flocked, is that the standard gear gaitor?

1.yes seems to drive better no spluttering and ill sounding idal either :D :D

2. haha yes by raising the arb its givin me convidence going over bumps/ up curbs (was allways worried i would catch it)

3. and as for the bolts i just drilled them out and put new nuts and bolt on :D

4. no not standard on my car but i belive some lower spec ones were black? - i got it from ebay new soooo not sure tbh was only somethink like £5 lol

getting the rest flocked this weeked so some more updates soon !!

ITB'd MK1
LOL, I'd forgotten how bad the dephaser noise was.

ARB looks better. Have to admit it concerned me as you drove out of the yard with it as it was before

:)

CLIO PH1 172
LOL, I'd forgotten how bad the dephaser noise was.

ARB looks better. Have to admit it concerned me as you drove out of the yard with it as it was before

:)

haha yes the noise was an actual joke before but your magic hands fixed it and its perfect now :D soooo pleased, again thanks

although i never had any probs with the arb as it was i thought i might as wel raise it ust in case