ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AD52 BHP

172 Turbo
I may do an evening at Snet again this year, want to do three I've not done Oulton, Cadwell and The Ring primarily though.

172 Turbo
Got two photos from BeanieSport yesterday
Fixed_zps3x8ik1jm.jpg

Fixed2_zpsgbitgn1a.jpg

Car finally back on 4 wheels since November 20th.

A photo of the car at Blyton in September was posted on Facebook.

12465920_556542031177316_2312190809522574742_o_zpsphhpuwj2.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
When you see the Beanie boys, tell them I'm still waiting for their reply!!

Can you feel the difference with the light fly wheel mate?? I couldn't with mine!

Seriously looking forward to Bedford. Can't wait for some passenger laps in this!

172 Turbo
When you see the Beanie boys, tell them I'm still waiting for their reply!!
Will do :)

@Martin. It felt so different today, only ran it up and down the lane leading to Beaniesport but completely different to how it was. Didn't really have time to think about what had changed though as drive was so short. It's a shame it'll not have the cage & seats by Bedford but nevermind :)

It was going for boost, but Chris convinced me to fit the bodies, all of his work on the car has been fantastic and I'm looking forward to getting it back next week and then the boring drive to EFi

172 Turbo
Picked up the car last night from Beaniesport. The work is fantastic. No photos as it was late and I was meant to be in a pub miles away when I collected it. Chris was rather shocked that my immediate plan was to drive 160miles and drop it at EFI-Parts for mapping.

The noise from the bodies is incredible, I stopped at a services on the M6 for a wee, and as I rejoined I had head out the window listening to the noise. It's not as powerful as a turbo but the soundtrack is great!

Cruising on the motorway isn't as nice now though with the Megane 5th gear in the gearbox especially with the unsilenced Ktec exhaust :(

Look forward to getting it back from EFI mapped in the next week.

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Nice one mate mines getting mapped with Chris soon as soon as Carl has sorted my bodies,
PS hope your train journey was ok....

M2 Comp
How does it drive now it's been mapped @masekwm?

I'd love a set of bodies for mine at some point, so would be interested to see what you think to the way it drives.

172 Turbo
@Tommo I'll let you know next week, it's staying at EFI until the weekend so it can be ran from cold and the map tweeked so it starts and idles like a standard car.

@subarufreak - I hated them on the motorway on Saturday night, as I couldn't use full power as it wasn't mapped I was stuck in the truck ruts that are worn into the first lane of the motorway. I'll see but at the moment, I prefer the Cup Shocks & Cooksports they replaced!

dan's cast offs.
wouldn't even bother with cams, would be tempted to just do pms manifold and exhaust, should see a decent enough gain from them and save paying out to get cams fitted:wink:

172 Turbo
wouldn't even bother with cams, would be tempted to just do pms manifold and exhaust, should see a decent enough gain from them and save paying out to get cams fitted:wink:
Not going to do it this year. Going to keep standard trim & spec for this years track use. Sold my 438s, will buy another set next winter and do it for 2017 as belts will be nearly due then anyway.

Track calendar starting to look nice for 2016:
Feb - Bedford
March - Cadwell
April - Oulton
May - Blyton with CSOC
Sept - Anglesey

Need to fit in a Ring trip and a trip back to Snet.