ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Acoustic valve

clio 172 no2/ yzf r1
Just looking through a few threads and just wondered why people remove this valve , and what does it do when removed

Golf GTD Mk7
You can't have read much as its been covered loads ;) makes no difference to performance, noise etc IMO. Bit of weight saving and space for cold air feeds was why I removed mine

Rusty Cup
removing the acoustic valve sounds dramatic but in reality does very little. Its in place to reduce emissions you may get slightly more induction roar without it.

Clio 182 FF cup'd
In fairness to the OP.. i had a quick look in the search a while ago for this and couldnt really find an straight answer.

Some poeple say it pulls better without it.. most threads just talk about removing it but dont explain what difference it makes

1eight2
I searched for a change...

I'm changing my radiator tonight which means whipping off the arch liners. Is it worth doing?