ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS, Serv & Traction Control

Clio 200
Hi guys

Whilst driving today the ABS, Serv & Traction Control light came on. Switched the car off and back on again & they went & stayed off? Its a 182, any ideas?

clio 172 cup
I get the same thing every so often. Ive been told its just a loose connection somehwere and nothing to worry about. Turning the engine off and on does it for me aswell. Ive had 2 182's and they both done the same thing. I reckon it comes as an optional extra from renault!

R56 JCW
I get the same thing every so often. Ive been told its just a loose connection somehwere and nothing to worry about. Turning the engine off and on does it for me aswell. Ive had 2 182's and they both done the same thing. I reckon it comes as an optional extra from renault!

It can be several things, can be a brake pedal switch, or a abs sensor, I have the same problem, nothing to worry about. tbh if it was a abs sensor you would know about it, as the abs will be kicking in pretty much all the time. Like Matt said turn the ignition off and on it will go, but u will sometimes get it when ur driving, I do

impreza
i had this prob, renault didnt know but i cam eup with my own solution. I found this light kept coming on with light braking.
I bought a new switch and this didnt work. What i found out is that the car was braking but the lights werent coming on. I looked further into it and it seems that the switch is mounted too close to the pedal. Basically there is a pin that has to be all the way out for the contacts to be connected but under light braking the pedal wasnt being pushed down enough for the connection thus confusing the car.
To right this problem i took the sensor by the pedal off and filed back the plastic back about 2mm so that when you slightly touch the brake that the connection is made and the car is kept happy and not confused by the car slowing down and brakes working without the pedal being pushed.

Sorry for being long winded but this problem was really annoying me and renault were useless so i looked into myself. Please let me know if this works. My light has now never come back on since i mad ethis modifcation and that was about 2 months ago now!!!
Thanks joe