ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS issue.

Bit of a strange one, more of an annoyance rather than a big problem.

Say I'm coasting in traffic or coming to stop at a junction at very low speed (no more than 5mph) during very light braking and when coming to a stop the ABS wants to kick in. During any other kind of braking it's perfectly fine, even really heavy braking it's fine too.

Not had chance to check the ABS rings yet but was just wondering if anyone can shed any light on what it could be or had similar issues?

Edit: It's a ph-1 172

Qashcow
mine did exactly the same, was really annoying especially on the back lanes i live near. Nothing i did ever resolved it, sorry to be of absolutely no use what so ever!

mine did exactly the same, was really annoying especially on the back lanes i live near. Nothing i did ever resolved it, sorry to be of absolutely no use what so ever!

At least it's not just a unique problem then lol.

Just seems as it's become extremely sensitive in the scenarios as I've mentioned above but weirdly works fine any other time.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I'm also wagering it being caused by a cracked ring... either that or a sensor coherance issue. Would be interesting to see the waveforms generated on a scope to see what the ECM is seeing.

Mick

An orange one
my 1.2 does this, had it checked yesterday and there is a cracked ring, also light comes on over 50mph,

Right, I've checked the ABS Rings on both sides and they're both fine, cleaned them up and inspected for cracks and nothing. Something I did notice was the wire going to the ABS sensor was quite frayed and comparing it to the other side it does seem as if it could be causing the issue.

Presuming you can replace the sensor and wire?

Last edited:
Just taken the car out and all is well. ABS seems to be working as it should and no more kick backs from it at low speeds. Must have just been a bit of crap on the rings and with cleaning them up has solved the issue.