ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Abarth pics

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks fantastic Ali, just needs some plates and a proper detail.

Z4
I'd have one! Proper cool little motor that.

The seats don't look very supportive though?
What can be done to make these faster, as 172 pace isn't exactly very fast these days.

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
I love them! And you've made a cracking choice with regards to colour, spec, model etc

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Very tasty! If I decided to downsize id have one.

I want it almost as much ass I wasn't you ;-)

ph 2 clio 172
i had a black stelth one no stripes and it was immense fun and one we got past 2000 miles the standard exhaust comes alive bacfires and sounds quality i changed to a novitec group n exhaust after and sounded even better i got to 180bhp in mine with remap and exhaust and gt tuning induction set up, but that is as far as you can go on standard turbo there are a few now with 300 + bhp and with putting punto abarth turbo on you can get 230bhp good little car good choice
just i wanted to track more so couldnt bring myself to put 19k in a gravel trap.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.

What can be done to make these faster, as 172 pace isn't exactly very fast these days.

Tmc mapping box takes it to 175 ish then group N exhaust about 180

Out of interest can the Essesse be ordered seperately and retrofitted?

Yeh but it's pricey

Mini Cooper S sport
Looks fantastic Ali, just needs some plates and a proper detail.

CBA to change the plates. Might think about getting it detailed when the weather warms up.

Thanks, the seats are OK but obviously not exactly Recaros. There are some tuning options but it feels quicker than it is anyway.

I love them! And you've made a cracking choice with regards to colour, spec, model etc

Very tasty! If I decided to downsize id have one.

I want it almost as much ass I wasn't you ;-)

You want almost as much ass? ;)

Nice car. You suck at pictures :(

LOL, sorry!! If you ever come over here you can take some for me!

Looks ace that does!

Only missing xenons.. but can live with that.

Yeah I wanted xenons but the price was too good to pass up. I've fitted whiter dipped bulbs instead, that will have to do.

Out of interest can the Essesse be ordered seperately and retrofitted?

I think it has to be done within a time limit on the new car, if a dealer does it anyway.

Thanks all for the nice comments x

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Theres an Essesse down the road from me at a dealer. I might go have a nosey this week to stop this nagging voice in my head and find out what they feel like.

MINI-R32-integrale
Looks good. The Essesse kit is a box of tuning bits that can be ordered from new or added upto 12months or 12,000miles from new. This is manufacturers way of getting around individual type approval as the car is homologated as the normal car, so no costly fees. Lots are doing it now scenic it's just re-maps like BMW offer on some of thier cars etc

It also means you retain the warranty.

It includes lowered stiffer prints which look good but make the car horrible to drive, cross drilled discs & uprated pads all round, the nicest 17" wheels offered on the car, a remap, a BMC drop in filter & I think that's it. You of course keep the wooden crate which looks pretty cool it all comes in and all the original parts.

There is an extended SS kit that includes Koni FSD dampers which replaces the under damped originals but does nothing for the car sitting on the rear bump stops, they are a improvement.

The original seats offer no support whatsoever but you can buy expensive £1600 Sabelt sears which are better, this also includes a slimmer under seat subwoofer as the original one is too big to fit under them. They are meant to lower the seating position, but in reality doesn't. They look brilliant but have no shoulder support like say a Recaro Speed does.

The Trofeo Race cars ran 215-220bhp on 100% standard internals engine with only changes to the Garrett turbo from the Punto Essesse kit, bigger fuel rail & injectors. They could run a whole season without issue. The standard IHI turbo is tiny & runs out of puff at 170bhp running anything above this will start to overheat the charge & possibly overspeed the turbo.

MINI-R32-integrale
Couple of errors above I can't fix now.

It should read 'lots are doing it now, even if it's just remaps' no idea how scenic got in there.

And lowered springs not prints!?!?!?!

The Trofeo cars run the 6 speed box from the Punto which proved to be durable over a race season, even when wrong gears selected i.e. 2nd rather than 4th coming down the gears which happened on more than one occassion seeing as it was an H pattern box in a LHD car many bring used to RHD cars with sequential. Though the damage to the buckets/shims was interesting on engines over revving to 10,000rpm. Though to be fair you just replaced them rebuilt & off they went.It reduces the steering lock by loads. The engine can trace its origins back to the 999cc 8V FIRE fitted to the UNO in 1984, through the 1108cc 8Vin the Cinquecento, 1242cc 8V & 16V in Punto, to the 1368cc it is today. It is very robust & proven unit.

The stupidly expensive 695 Tributo (£38,000 for a 500 Abarth with some real carbon trim, Garrett turbo giving 180bhp, the same Brembo callipers the Punto Abarth/Clio 197/200 use) runs a 6 speed box I believe so the rumoured facelift due this year may get it.

Last edited:
  Mini Cooper S sport
I've found the original bill of sale and mine does have the Koni dampers, so that's good! The ride feels fine to me.

I like the badge on the rear quarter!

Have changed the dipped beam and driving light bulbs and it looks SO much better. Think I'll do the indicator bulbs next.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
the pic of the wheel and brake... someone put ur wheel on upside down.

the mats are dirty...

is the front bumper a different colour to the car?

i was in a mazda/fiat garage the other day and saw the 500 gucci version.... OHHHHH EMMMMM GEEEEE people would look an absolute cuyunt driving that!

Mini Cooper S sport
the pic of the wheel and brake... someone put ur wheel on upside down.

the mats are dirty...

is the front bumper a different colour to the car?

i was in a mazda/fiat garage the other day and saw the 500 gucci version.... OHHHHH EMMMMM GEEEEE people would look an absolute cuyunt driving that!

At least attempt to read the first post before commenting Alice!

Here are some better photos. Yes I know the mat's a bit grubby, sue me.

Also, in the first photo you can see that the bumper IS the same colour as the rest of the car, it's just the light/angles which make it look different.

And no, the wheel is not upside down.

Are you upset I sold the Jap car or something?

Oh, and it's YOUR, not 'ur'.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i was joking you old bag lol!

i actually like the 500 :) i wasn't a massive fan of the 370z... i was proud of you but i wouldn't own one... actually was looking at a 380z yes 380z that was for sale in japan not long ago... and they are mega rare...

back on subject the 500 is a cool car :)

and surely... if in my last comment i mentioned everything that you said in the first post it clearly means i read it. GEEZUS!

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
how you getting on with it? have you looked into the TMC box yet? apparently works really well with the Esseesse as it smooths out the power and holds it further up the rev range.

kwak ZX9R+golf gttdi
sooo cute,love them.
keep trying to persuade the wife,but shes not given in yet.
cracking car youve got there.

Last edited:
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Side on they look good,but that first pic shows the bumper is a different colour on the left.Its a bit like 172's,the wings were sprayed somewhere else and never matched.

I think there ok but full on frontal view makes it look like a disabled person's shoe.

Just not for me sorry.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
My mate popped round earlier with his mrs. She picked up a 2010 Arbath 500 Essesse today.

I think its a different white to yours? Did they do 2?

It has an after market airfilter, but oh my it sounds amazing! Really impressed with it. Love the sound at low revs, it just burbles like a high power evo!

Definately the best girl car ever. So much better than a Cooper S!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
No, she's a lady. :cool:

I have to be honest, 500s look like little Noddy cars to me, (although Clios aren't exactly masculine)
Abarth 500s are cool though.