ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

aargh wax on my plastics!

1.2 y0!
As above, was waxing the clio yesterday but when rubbing it on i managed to get it in various spots on the grey plastic trim, sides, front, back and fog surrounds, after numerous coats of back to black and sillicon lubricants its not comming off and my plastics look unbelievably shabby, does anyone know how i can get rid of this?? any help would be great! :eek:

1.2 y0!
hmm ill give it a try, bit sceptical though lol , did do a search but couldt find out cheers though!

Just use some panel wipe or brake cleaner

Lol.

WD40 with a microfibre cloth. Needs some elbow grease. Failing that, Linseed oil or a rubber.

However, these are for getting polish stains out, which are harder to get out. Wax should really be a case of a decent warm solution of APC (All Purpose Cleaner) and a decent detailing brush to agitate.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
PMSL at Peanut butter! Clear up one bit of mess with another.

Linseed oil does exactly the same but without the extra chunky!

There is a point where plastics are no longer treatable. You're probably past that now!