ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A1 Quattro!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
wow, didn't think normal people would buy one its an insane amount of money for an A1!!

ace cars tho...id love a go in one

M135i
Heroic choice!!!

I know everyone keeps banging on about the price, but surely its not as crazy a purchase as it seems?

Would have thought the rarity value could help the car keeps its value better than a lot of other "new" cars you'd get at a £40k pricepoint.

Compared to say a E92 M3, I know which I'd bet on to be worth more in 3 years time.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
So much want!!!!! I don't care what people say id buy that in a flash!!! Lhd I wouldn't care. That's cheap if they do only let 19 into the uk 20years time it'll be worth 40k again if not more!

Total hero.

Mk8 GTi CS & Ph1
He said thanks for all the lovely comments I will stick the go pro on the side and take it for a spin and upload it for you all

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I think it looks horrific, if Vauxhall bought out a car with similar styling choices we'd be calling it a "chav chariot" and laughing about what idiot was willing to pay £xxxxx for it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
But Vauxhall doesn't have the image to pull it off. Audis aren't chavvy per se'.

It's like Bmw brining out something that looks like a Focus Rs, the M3 GT think for eg, it's not chavvy.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Sorry, but bulls**t.

You can't make something as rude boi as that and just get away with it because it's an Audi.

Big badman wing, rear van tints, wheels that'd look at home on a fiat 500.... Interior looks nice though.

Audi's are already starting to be driven by 20-somethings with slick hair trying to get onto TOWIE, this doesn't help.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Sorry, but bulls**t.

You can't make something as rude boi as that and just get away with it because it's an Audi.

Big badman wing, rear van tints, wheels that'd look at home on a fiat 500.... Interior looks nice though.

Audi's are already starting to be driven by 20-somethings with slick hair trying to get onto TOWIE, this doesn't help.

I have to disagree Robbo. Call it badge snobbery or any pisch like that. Compare the Corsa Vxr to the Mk1 Mini GP. One chavvy the other imo is not but they have big wings and vents and s**t.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
We'll have to agree to disagree Gallister.

I do however know that if I happened to have such a car, then got asked to go pick a client up and go for lunch or similar, I'd be quite embarrassed pulling up in that. It's just too badman, I don't even like the styling. It seems to have taken inspiration from the focus RS but isn't quite as aggressive, maybe with some better, aggressive looking wheels, it'd be miles better.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Sorry, flicked through this thread and saw £40,000, surely thats gotta be a typo? £40,000? I've just looked on Audi's website and you can buy, brand new, a S4 Black Edition Quattro with 333PS for £40,080 OTR. That A1 looks like its been through Halfords and drove out with all their styling bits stuck on, very tacky imo. And again, 40k, Audi must be creasing everytime they sell one.

Clio 172
Everything looks so out of proportion. That spoiler is massive, and them wheels don't suit it.

IMO. Interior is lovely though

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
If it had the TTRS lump I could forgive the styling.

But still, it sounds like buying one was an easy way to make £10k.

I'm not talking about to sell on, making money on it is fine, but I doubt Joe public are doing that.

I can't see why on earth anybody would spend that kind of money for a terrible looking jumped up supermini to actually own, considering what else can be had for that kind of money.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I agree, you'd have to be a little bit special to buy it for 40k and not sell for 50k. Unless you are an ethusiast/collector and are going to keep it in a air tight, heated garage for most of it's life.

500 Twinair
To be honest, there's not many cars out there that you could buy and sell on for more...
Plus it's a special edition, like a Clio V6.

Mini JCW
Do the design team at Audi really think that this car's a good looking car - honestly looks like it's been driven through my local Halfords branch - specifically the ripspeed subsection....

IMO the only reason it's 'wanted' is the low production number.... and that's it.

I love Audi styling.

I hate the styling on that. Although the non-Quattro one that has rude boi stripes down it as well is worse.