ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A million V6 questions

Clio-V6
Hi all,

I am currently looking in to buying a V6 phase 1 in silver. (just waiting on the sale of my current car)

What I am about to do will probably be against most of your ethics but I will give it a go.

1) What options do I have on lowering the V6 and the prices associated?

2) Carbon bonnets - views

3) Exhuast like Ant who has the whites leather retrim - price on getting something like that one?

4) 19" rims, what width and trype profile is "reconmended"

5) Are they really a rapid and crap in corners as people say?

Many thanks

Kriss

Clio RS 172 Ph2
1. KW Coilovers seem to be the usual suspension upgrade - no idea of price.
2. I don't like em personally. Some of the Vee's have the light alloy bonnet anyway, so probably not much weight to be shed by replacing with carbon one anyway.
5. Not the quickest car around, but quick enough, and as for cornering, they're phoenomenal, despite what the reviews say.

Clio Cup/GSXR 600
I heard the mk1,s are a bit unreliable? No experience myself, but i also do prefer the later cars?

Clio V6 255 (Acid Yellow)
Personally I would only consider modding the engine or suspension. Changing the wheels or adding 'bonnet vents' is just plain stupid on a car that already looks this good.

Clio-V6
i would not get a venter bonnet, thinking of extending the front a lil as my mate is k from exquisite auto.

what are the options of lowering it? FK cant be the only choice surely

Forester Sti, SC Clio V6,
1) What options do I have on lowering the V6 and the prices associated?
KW £1300

2) Carbon bonnets - views
I have one unvented which I like!

3) Exhuast like Ant who has the whites leather retrim - price on getting something like that one?
Best system is from Orbisioud in France £2000 inc manifolds and decat and tuneable noise levels

4) 19" rims, what width and trype profile is "reconmended"
None I have 18's - car handles better on 17's with standard profiles - 19's to heavy and profile to small. Car uses tyre as part of suspension due to riding bumpstops when cornering hard.

5) Are they really a rapid and crap in corners as people say?
They're resonably quick and not crap in a corner until you snap the throttle off or on hard - then you're going backwards very quickly - best mod KW's and rear anti roll bar

Tata

Clio-V6
looks like KW's it is.

where can i pick up a rear anti roll bar?

i am finding it very hard to find anything for the v6 on the net apart from k-tec racing site

cheers