ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A couple more turbo questions...

I am very nearly ready to start the build - just need some advice on a couple more bits.

Would a phase 1 cable throttle set up be beneficial in any way?

Also - as far as aftermarket management goes : what features would I loose if I didn't use the gen90 (I have a ff182) and are there other ecu options that allow me to retain these features other than the gen90?

PH1 loads of boost!
If you're gonna use a gen90 then you can use the standard throttle body, if you use another aftermarket ECU then you might need to convert to a cable throttle.
If you buy a new ECU then you can ask your builder to build it to your needs, so you can have launch control, anti-lag single coil packs etc... Although I'm not sure if they can all control fly by wire.

adaptronic ecu's can run with standard throttle body to allowing you to keep ESP, email EFI parts he quoted my £1200 for the ecu supplied fitted and mapped, plus Scoff is than absolute star will help in anyway

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Personally its a no brainer, go adaptronic ecu mate, scoff knows his stuff and hes very reasonable, his service is 2nd to none, or go to Ktec who will be more expensive after mapping i'd of thought, also lately people have had problems which their mapping to put it politely

PH1 loads of boost!
I would tend to agree, if I were buying one I'd be getting an Adaptronic, it's a hellish piece of kit and Scoff is really helpful!