ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A Few SLR shots of the Focus RS

Z4
Agreed! Get a pair of st170 xenons and will make it.

Have to agree, to the op: the st lights are smoked you see, unlike your chrome ones. St lights suit far better.

Another choice mod would be to deorange the rear lights, would look 10 x better.

I do like these motors, my mates had his a couple of weeks now and it's a little bit epic. No faster than my cup though surprisingly

Golf R soon...
Looks great! Can I have it?

In a word...No! ;)

Fancy a swap? I fancy something orange next ;)

How do you compare the RS with the R32?

It feels a lot lighter for sure! It feels faster too. Its more fun to drive.

Having said that you can't beat the V6 sound of the R32 and the interior.

I would happily take the R32 over the Focus I'm afraid.

Have to agree, to the op: the st lights are smoked you see, unlike your chrome ones. St lights suit far better.

Another choice mod would be to deorange the rear lights, would look 10 x better.

I do like these motors, my mates had his a couple of weeks now and it's a little bit epic. No faster than my cup though surprisingly

Anyone got a link to these ST170 lights, I fancy having a look.

Are they xenons?

B

Ben^

Saving for one of these at the min, wanted one for a long long time and now I can afford to insure it....I'm skint lol.

Nice Pics mate too, really like the Blue the RS's come in. Guy near me has one and replaced the custom OZ wheels for some cheap TSW's and it looks awful now...just wanna go over to him and shout OIIII, YOU....... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (Harry Enfield Style!!)

Golf R soon...
Saving for one of these at the min, wanted one for a long long time and now I can afford to insure it....I'm skint lol.

Nice Pics mate too, really like the Blue the RS's come in. Guy near me has one and replaced the custom OZ wheels for some cheap TSW's and it looks awful now...just wanna go over to him and shout OIIII, YOU....... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (Harry Enfield Style!!)

You won't regret buying one thats for sure.

You looking to get a standard or modified example?

As for the TSW's:slap:

B

Ben^

No more than an exhaust really as I have a few plans for it, Pumaspeed is only up the road from me :) so it will be up @ 300bhp soon after I get one.

Have you done anything to yours?

Golf R soon...
No more than an exhaust really as I have a few plans for it, Pumaspeed is only up the road from me :) so it will be up @ 300bhp soon after I get one.

Have you done anything to yours?

Its so easy to get power from these things, a remap, exhaust and chip will see 275-280 easily I reckon.

You could go crazy and change the turbo to a Garrett GT28! ;)

Mines standard, not plans for it, just keep it as it is.

so much better looking than the new one

Its definitely more subtle than the new one thats for sure!

Golf R soon...
How come you changed the r32 for the RS? Why did you like the r32 more?

I changed the R32 for a Civic Type-R but wanted someone more unique so I got the RS instead.

I should have just kept the R32 in the first place, I'm a plank :eek:

I stupidly sold the R32 cause I thought I could save some money

I changed the R32 for a Civic Type-R but wanted someone more unique so I got the RS instead.

I should have just kept the R32 in the first place, I'm a plank :eek:

I stupidly sold the R32 cause I thought I could save some money

Fair play mate, I can understand that, we all learn from our mistakes eh. At least your still driving round in a damn nice car! :cool:

Golf R soon...
Daz how you rate it against the .:R?

On a standard for standard performance level, I would imagine there quite similiar. Top end will go the Golf but under 100 the RS will be in favour.

Handling wise, I'm not sure, the R32 has the haldex 4WD vs the front diff on the RS.

The Golf is definitely the more comfortable car thats for sure, especially with those seats. I think the RS is more fun to drive though.

They both eat as much fuel as each other.

Its just the noise from the R32 that makes me want one again!

Vee dub
I think it looks superb mate.... I love the looks of these.

Do you think you'll go for a vee at some stage Daz? I'm quite interested as the recent cars (bar the 182 & CTR), I'd consider as my next purchase next year!

Tom

Golf R soon...
really like these. looks a good example as well. loads of chavvy sheds out there

I almost bought a modified one, it was the power of the thing that attracted me but having a look around it, I later thought otherwise!

I think it looks superb mate.... I love the looks of these.

Do you think you'll go for a vee at some stage Daz? I'm quite interested as the recent cars (bar the 182 & CTR), I'd consider as my next purchase next year!

Tom

I could of had a Vee but I opted for the R32 as it was cheaper at the time. In a few years I might have one as a weekend car perhaps once I get to where I want in my current job.

Hard to say really RS or R32?

R32 for me, but only just, its the sound and interior that wins it for me.

Vee dub
Cheers Daz

R32 is probably the better car over a Vee..... just feel the need to own one soon!

Enjoy the RS

Golf R soon...
Didn't want to start a new thread...

...Just mucking about with a few filters...

FocusRSHDRshot2.jpg

FocusRSHDRshot.jpg

LimeGreenRS.jpg

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Those arent xenons though. Theyre standard st170 halogen lights.

These are the st170 xenons -

05012008134.gif

^ those lights look great, they are a must on an rs! What filter do you use for this pic? Really nice effect.
FocusRSHDRshot2.jpg