ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

a clocked clio ?

hi my friends had a 172 for a number of years now. when he bought it i was a little dubious of the millage on it and thought it possibly had be "wound back"
now hes offered it to me at a reasonable price as hes looking to shift it on. is there anyway to tell if its had the clocks wound back or changed with a plug in or anything like that. thanks. postman

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
other than the ways above, no way to tell really. Other options could have been new dials fitted either brand new resetting it to zero or 2nd hand from a lower millage car, or unplugging the abs fuse causes them not to increase the millage!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
How many miles is it supposedly on now? It can't of done THAT many miles in the three years before he had it, unless some one was doing about 25k a year in it, which is rare in a Clio?

RS Clio 182
other than the ways above, no way to tell really. Other options could have been new dials fitted either brand new resetting it to zero or 2nd hand from a lower millage car, or unplugging the abs fuse causes them not to increase the millage!

Surely this cant be true?

RS Clio 182
Would of thought there'd be something built in to at least throw up some errors. But I guess its not that common knowledge

clio 182 black /gold
Haha, that's superb. :D Lovely looking little cars those.
There you go. From 1990.
fiat.jpg

Lotus Elise
with the correct software you can see how many miles the car has done, certain engine sensors will record how many cycles they do etc.

humm now lets hope i retain my legendary petrolheadness, not here but around other forums ,and i recon thats an FSO polonez. It is basically another eastern european fiat based on the old fiat strada ?

The caravan might be a bailey, but i think thats pushing it down the road of knowing to much about the wrong things .

350z, Subaru Legacy
Love the old photo. Much better than this surge of "vintage" pictures on facebook courtesy of Instagram.

Is the car not an old Mazda 323?

Can someone with clip not see what the ecu is reading the mileage at? sometimes when clocked they only clock it on the clockset and not the ecu too.
this wont tell you if they clocked it on the ecu too though.

RS Clio 182
LOL..The cherry was my 2nd guess..and iirc one of my old mans 1st cars was the earlier fiat 126.lol.700cc bike engine or something?..and im guessing that what people are saying will be correct about reading certain sensors that record revolutions etc..surely renault should be able to tell you if thats correct?