ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

98p a litre to fill the clio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy days when sainsburys bribe me to come back

44quid to fill the clio

7ecbb26d865a4d03a162705fab34470c.jpg

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
How are you getting 98p a litre?
My Sainsbury's is charging nowhere near that for super unleaded, are you using 95ron or some kind of fuel card?

Mini GP2
98p a litre ? Momentum is £1.13 at the min where i live, same goes for BP Ultimate...... regular 95 is about £1.05 although i never fill the car up with that stuff.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
How are you getting 98p a litre?
My Sainsbury's is charging nowhere near that for super unleaded, are you using 95ron or some kind of fuel card?
Probably redeemed nectar points against it or something? The receipt says the original price was 109.9

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
You can't use Necter points on fuel.
You can now

Spending points in Sainsbury's Petrol Stations

• You can spend your Nectar points on petrol - every 500 points = £2.50 off.
  • Just give your card to the cashier on payment and the points will be taken from your account.
  • You can also spend paper vouchers on fuel.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
BP Ultimate is shite though.

V-Power/Momentum are still around 1.15 up here. Still 40p or so cheaper than it was a few months back.

It was a 12p a litre voucher I have several .I think 4 they have sent me .... and I only run 95 ron and the car does 30ka year on it at 40mpg just fine

Renault Clio MK2 1.2
Treated my little 1.2 to V-power the other week....114.9 per litre, same as the normal stuff use to be a few months back! Still crazy expensive for how much the price per barrel has come down though, still daylight robbery

Glad im not the only one thats using 97 now the fuels gone down in price. Weird that the fuel cap says 98 recommended when all I can get is 97..

When I passed my test im sure it was around 87p a litre then quite rapidly within two months or so hit nearly £1.40. Then its been up and down by ten pence here and there.....so the current prices are amazing! I may actually go 100 miles with a tenner again

Damn...think it was around 1.06 last time I filled round here and Southend tends to always have cheap prices im guessing because of its proximity to London and transport links etc

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
BP Ultimate is shite though.

V-Power/Momentum are still around 1.15 up here. Still 40p or so cheaper than it was a few months back.

Same for my local Shell too. I filled the clio with Shell V-Power Rocket Plus or whatever they call it these days as a treat for it as it was cheap. Not 3 months ago I was paying 1.20 a litre to fill up with the crap stuff at Tesco! Mind, I was only filling a bike with a 12 litre tank :smile:

Noticed I'm getting about 3 MPG more on average with the Shell premium stuff. I didn't believe in the people saying it was better for your engine, gets more mileage from the the tank etc, but I'm on course for my first 500 mile tank, which is nice considering I was struggling to get 400-ish from the crap stuff. Plus it earns me more Avios points so win-win! I average about 44MPG at the moment from a 1.2 16v Mk2 Ph2 so that's not too bad.

Also keep in mind that's 500 miles round town - my job is a Domino's driver so it's basically short journeys constantly. We only deliver to 1 area that requires a dual carriageway and few people order from there, so it really is basically just short, quick journeys. I'm happy with 500 miles to a tank doing that. :cool:

Does anybody only fill up with the premium stuff on here, or do you just whack whatever in the tank?

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I only run super in my Meg, it's mapped for it though.

It will run on normal stuff though, the ecu on modern stuff are very good at adjusting for different fuel

Treated my little 1.2 to V-power the other week....114.9 per litre, same as the normal stuff use to be a few months back! Still crazy expensive for how much the price per barrel has come down though, still daylight robbery

I'd of saved your money in a 1.2 lol

I got some Tesco 99 for £1.059 this morning due to 6p off with a voucher :)

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
Only ever used Tesco Momentum or Shell V Power
Does anybody only fill up with the premium stuff on here, or do you just whack whatever in the tank?

Iv only used Tesco Momentum or Shell V Power in my cars / the wifes (unless a 1.0 / 1.2 which was just her first car)
Golf R32, Integra Type R, Twingo RS and a Ph1 172

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
French super is 98 supposedly. That's why it say 98 on the cap. I do feck all miles so it's V-power diesel or petrol for my cars. 1.50 a litre or not.

30k a year and I might think differently.

Just paid £1.08 for normal 95 shell. Feeling ripped off :D

Its weird how my brain works. Some days I'll decide to get the higher octane fuel knowing it will help the engine and mpg and other days my brain just wants to pay the least amount possible even if I know long term im losing out.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Just about to go an fill mine up round the corner at Shell in Liverpool...... will let you know....

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Just put £20 in and it gave me just under half a tank from empty,
haven't had that happen since I first bought the car over 7 years ago,
£1.11.9 for Super at my local Sainsbury's.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Asda have said that they are slashing another 2p off the price of fuel.
Other supermarkets will follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.