ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

98 RON

BG Clio 182
Right. How hard is it to map the car with the Fastchip tuner. I know i know there's a million threads but what's to go wrong and can I screw anything up? Really love the car and Dont want to hurt it haha :( is it really worth it? And is it less hassle and more out of the box compatible to buy a new one? Cheers.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
its easy peasy,big difference i asked the same was worried about doing it myself,its a doddle theres the videos on youtube showing you youd have to be a right plonker to not be able to DIY m8

BG Clio 182
its easy peasy,big difference i asked the same was worried about doing it myself,its a doddle theres the videos on youtube showing you youd have to be a right plonker to not be able to DIY m8
Haha I'll check into your thread mate so literally it's piss ball I mean can I f**k it up? I aren't a dumb b*****d hahaha but I'm still a little scare, worst thing is having a bloody macbook does it even support mac?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
go on fastchip site and look on youtube fastchip m8 its simples really im no technical wiz lol,if unsure im sure someone near u could help you,you buy the box used buy new license and map if you sell it youll basically have mapped your car for less than 100 pounds,no brainer really,the timings out on my car at moment due to bad cambelt change but its noticeable anyway no 5k kick,smoother power delivery and revs and idles sweetet

BG Clio 182
go on fastchip site and look on youtube fastchip m8 its simples really im no technical wiz lol,if unsure im sure someone near u could help you,you buy the box used buy new license and map if you sell it youll basically have mapped your car for less than 100 pounds,no brainer really,the timings out on my car at moment due to bad cambelt change but its noticeable anyway no 5k kick,smoother power delivery and revs and idles sweetet
Haha okay mate cheers for that ill looksie. Still looks a bit daunting I just don't want it to cut oit whilst writing the ECU or to write it wrong or whatever haha.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
as above plug laptop on extension cable mine took less than 10mins to write ecu once youve done it you realise how easy it is

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Unless your battery is close to packing up or you fall asleep it's a piece of piss. Definatly worth it too :)

BG Clio 182
Unless your battery is close to packing up or you fall asleep it's a piece of piss. Definatly worth it too :)
Haha I might buy and try then I just get precious about it because I could potentially murder the car haha eh dear im a daft wanker. Where do you live lol I fancy a long drive ;)

Looking....
Stop bitching and get it done mate. I managed to do it with out killing my car and I struggle to make breakfast in the mornings!
Seriously though as said just make sure the battery is charged and go for it, you will never look back.

From my experience, the only way you can mess it up is if the laptop's battery fails, or if the cars does. It won't let you write incorrect files to the ECU iirc and Henk sends you what you need anyway!

Just take the car for a good rip beforehand whilst your laptop is on charge then for piece of mind use the charger on the laptop and a charger on the car too. I had an error when trying to write to ECU about 12v being low but went ahead anyway and it worked out fine. Although I had to replace the battery a few months later.

BG Clio 182
From my experience, the only way you can mess it up is if the laptop's battery fails, or if the cars does. It won't let you write incorrect files to the ECU iirc and Henk sends you what you need anyway!

Just take the car for a good rip beforehand whilst your laptop is on charge then for piece of mind use the charger on the laptop and a charger on the car too. I had an error when trying to write to ECU about 12v being low but went ahead anyway and it worked out fine. Although I had to replace the battery a few months later.
Right that sounds good ish I mean can it be done with a mac do you know? Just wish someone round here could be here to help im not computer illiterate quite the opposite it's just the fact like what happens if the ecu isn't for some reason written correctly or it fails is the car snagged? Do you live in Blackpool? Haha its 2 hours away or I'd be begging for your help lol.

Right that sounds good ish I mean can it be done with a mac do you know? Just wish someone round here could be here to help im not computer illiterate quite the opposite it's just the fact like what happens if the ecu isn't for some reason written correctly or it fails is the car snagged? Do you live in Blackpool? Haha its 2 hours away or I'd be begging for your help lol.

Not sure on the Mac front, you'd need to check on fastchip's website. It's simple to do honestly! You just find it a nail-biting, scary experience knowing that you could ruin your car should it go belly up for any reason.

I was in Blackpool last week I could of done it for you. Its extremely easy though. You literally cannot go wrong. Read and write both files

BG Clio 182
I was in Blackpool last week I could of done it for you. Its extremely easy though. You literally cannot go wrong. Read and write both files
Haha ah damn well I'm in selby now like where I live but just checked your location it's miles away unless you ever come by this way haha. It's just the whole it's a big deal thing i guess I just don't wanna do it wrong you know :) thanks though mate for the offer :)

Shake n Bake

ClioSport Club Member
  182, 182T
I also need to get around to getting it done. Not mac compatible as far as I'm aware, tried but didn't have any luck, gonna get a pals computer sometime.
What maps are available with the RS tuner? Just the 98ron and ridiculous overrun?
No high octane fuel up my way so hesitant to try the 98ron.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Did mine a couple of weeks ago, I was nervous about re-writing the ECU software, but it gives you the option to back it up, took about 10 mins to do both, job done, car pulls so much better low down, being honest it idles better, but mine seems to take a coupe of seconds to settle down to idle, really good mod, and cheap as chips.....

I am now wondering what the overrun map would be like....lol

Willo

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
It's something I need to consider doing too
I like the 5k 'kick' though
Does it drastically disappear?

Yeah. Its running spot on also. Timing sorted out a few days ago.. it definitely pulls better throughout but as said it moves even more so after 5k. It's a pretty strong 182 though I think.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
this vids on ytube of cars with it done idle smooth etc m8,just get it m8 then use it and sell it on here,get it then get someone on here to fit it if nearby i would but im in cardiff lol