ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

750 Motor Club Clio 182 Series

We are now accepting registrations for the 2014 K-Tec Racing Clio 182 Series!

The first 20 to register their cars will be entitled to a discounted set of the control Dunlop DZ03G R1 tyres from Mr Tyre Motorsport (£79.50 each, normal price £95)
The first 30 to register will receive a FREE fluids pack for their 182 courtesy of Millers Oils - more details here
All registered competitors can purchase the control Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 15" wheel from Rimstock at the special price of £65 per wheel, which will be specially stamped for the series

The series has been designed to keep the costs low and the racing close, and we have been incredibly impressed with the response received so far!
To find out more about the series and to register, please follow the link to our website: www.750mc.co.uk/formulae/clio-series.htm

Hi Nick, yes that's correct, after evaluating the cost saving on 15" tyres and the set-up benefits of using a smaller wheel, we are now mandating a 15" rim.

WRX
If you're starting with nothing and never raced before, make the initial startup budget somewhere between £7-£8000 realistically.

Registered and car built :D

Buzzing for Bedford on the 15th!

It will be good to have you with us. We have nearly reached the limit for the discounted tyres already! We will also have some other great announcements for the series soon.

£5k.

Apparently.

£1.2k of suspension, £1k ECU, £500 wheels & tyres, £??? 6 point cage... I guess they figure a Cat D donor car (I say "donor car" in the loosest way possible!)

The control ECU and Suspension are both £849 + VAT (£1018.80)

WRX
Without getting into any arguments, as I'm not posting this to start one. I just think that 5k is VERY optimistic. I think 6k is more realistic really, for the benefit of anyone considering this. It's cost me almost 2k to convert mine to just basic MSA regs. Cage, seat, seat mount, harness, fire ext, cutoff etc. Unless you have a mate with all the gear in a shed of course.

182cup & 172 racecar
Glad you've gone to 15's. Did say in another thread that's what you should do because of costs. Good luck with the series.

Wouldn't mind doing one as an invitation car.

Without getting into any arguments, as I'm not posting this to start one. I just think that 5k is VERY optimistic.

I'm assuming there are discounted prices available to those with confirmed entries, because the prices on K-Tec's website are different to those being quoted in here.

Control suspension is less than a fiver shy of £1200
ECU is over £50 more than what was mentioned earlier

Besides for those who are seriously interested I'm sure the full regulations cover everything in detail so I don't think many of us are being particularly helpful in asking about things like exhausts ("cheap" doesn't fit in with Renault OEM, and "use whatever you want" doesn't fit with "control" so I'm sure by the time people have a few nose/tail bumps they'll be a K-Tec control exhaust in the mix too) or donor car prices.

Nevertheless it still has the potential to be fair motorsport at good circuits with relatively low costs.

Last edited:
  WRX
As a form of motorsport where everybody is on a pretty even footing, then the series should do well. The cost is still pretty low as stated and I wish everybody good luck with it. I just posted the figures, because I thought that if anybody wanted to crack on with it, they may have a bit of a shock.