ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5k kick??

Mine sounds fine too then. Someone once described their kick as quite violent and I thought mine must be broken then. I need a local owner to take me for a spin but I don't know any. See loads about though! None on here don't think.

Where in wales are you mate? I'll take you out in mine or I'll come out in yours.

When I first got the car I thought the 5k 'kick' was great, but you get used to it and I've got the 98ron map now so don't notice it as much.

clio 182 trophy
Where in wales are you mate? I'll take you out in mine or I'll come out in yours.

When I first got the car I thought the 5k 'kick' was great, but you get used to it and I've got the 98ron map now so don't notice it as much.

PM sent mate.

FF Racing Blue 182
MrTom ive never heard you say anything good about the corsa lol

the kick isnt massive but you will notice it in regards to the op

Ok guys. Picked up the 182 .. is it.at all possible its been mapped. Its idling at 1000 from cold and not particularly lumpy either exhaust purrs lovely on idle power delivery seems smooth no kick at 5k doesnt feel quick but is obviously shifting if that makes sense havent yet tested the red line limit but after reading through the forum its pointing to a remapped clio?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The "kick" is caused by the fuelling going from far too lean, to about right at 5K when the ecu takes the fueling out of lamda sensor control.

So its not really that it gains something huge at 5K, its that its incorrect upto it, so if the car is mapped properly then a lot of the effect is gone because the engine is no longer so terrible under 5k, so if your car doesnt have the "kick" then it means its better than one that does, because it means it doesnt have the missing power before 5k.

As others have said in this thread, it would be better called a "4K hole" than a "5k kick" as it is NOT a good thing to have an engine mapped so that it loses loads of power upto a point then let it run properly after that.

Even with a decent map there is still a small increase at around 5K as its where the engine starts to breathe best, but most of the effect is gone.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I see. Thankyou. It idles just over 1000 when warm

Sounds like its been mapped to me then, they dont do that as standard.

That means its better not worse, all you are "missing" is your engine not being rubbish from 4-5K, if you want that back though just drive at half throttle till 5k then nail it, problem solved, one 5k kick back!

Lol thanks. . Was going to get it mapped save me an expense now. I no it dont increase bhp much but would be interesting to see whats its running

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
My 182 used to kick noticeably and the tone of the engine changed at 5k. My 172 didn't quite so much, that said NWP had changed the cambelt and f**ked it up so that would probably explain that one.

Mine was the other way round, my 172 used to go for it at 5k, I fitted a 182 manifold and it felt like softened it up a little (although I know it due to improvements lower in the range)

LY 200 EDC LUX
sounds like the first time I went in a VTEC lol! Was waiting for the VTEC to kick in, wrongly assuming it would be like a turbo spooling up.

Vtec certainly does not 'kick in yo'!