ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

50/50 On Bonnet Bra

BG Clio 182
Not a big fan on these normally but seen a iceberg with one on n loved it! ... Has any one got a BG with one? ... Would love to see if it suits it or not before i invest

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
could probably just about pull it off on a bg as it wont be so visible, BUT they are still completly pointless and wont go down well on here ha

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Any pics of the iceberg? Any I've seen before just look stupid. Guy goes about my area with a green mk1 polo with a bb on it :s

Black clio ph2 172
bonnet bra and tight over rear lights......................................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sexy

Buy some knickers for the roof

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Convinced they're called Bonnet Bra's cos you've got to be a big tit to buy one!!

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
What exactly does a bonnet bra do? Saw one on a fiesta tonight and - didn't get it!

WTF are they for exactly?

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
What exactly does a bonnet bra do? Saw one on a fiesta tonight and - didn't get it!

WTF are they for exactly?

Protecting the leading edge of the bonnet from stone chips. Only really for pristine show cars driving to and from shows - can affect the paint if left on for long periods of time as they can trap moisture etc. under there.

Stupid in my opinion to whack one on for 'looks'. It'd be like wearing a hard hat as a fashion accessory.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Protecting the leading edge of the bonnet from stone chips. Only really for pristine show cars driving to and from shows - can affect the paint if left on for long periods of time as they can trap moisture etc. under there.

Stupid in my opinion to whack one on for 'looks'. It'd be like wearing a hard hat as a fashion accessory.

Thats what they're for? Good god - product of 1976!

clio 1.2
Mate i think they look well goood got one on my black clio n think it looks mean! but its personal preferance
aint it

MK3 GTI golf 16v
Mate i think they look well goood got one on my black clio n think it looks mean! but its personal preferance
aint it

it does not look mean at all. you just look like an utter wanker with something stuck on your bonnet

182 Cup
No no no no no, they look s**t n think about it, yeah it might stop the odd stone chip here n there but they will collect dust n dirt under them which will sratch your bonnet, just wouldn't bother!

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
I quite like the look of a bonnet bra on black Clios myself, was thinking of getting one actually but I'm afraid of being hunted down and shot by all the bonnet bra haters lol.

OP, it's up to you if you wanna go with the bonnet bra, it's your car dude.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
i actually get angry when i see people with them on there car, they just look awfull and tacky

every vw and saxo round here has them. never seen a car that looks good with one

inferno 182.
i had one on my 182 when i bought it!!!! modded it with 2 x shoe laces and looks the biz now in my bedroom as a hamook for my jack russtle!!!;)

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
i actually get angry when i see people with them on there car, they just look awfull and tacky

every vw and saxo round here has them. never seen a car that looks good with one

Agreed. They look f**king ridiculous!! They would look better if they didn't have the weird roll of leather at the top and they fitted flush!

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Please poll this thread... then ban every single person who presses yes!

clio 1.2
Wow how bitchy are the haters lol love the hammock ting tho lol. s**t does gather underneath but takin it off takes 5 mins n scratches - ha!! my clio got keyed all round last year!! :(

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Dont understand people tat use them, i understood they were to protect the paintwork whilst driving around and when you go to car shows/meets you can take it off to show off how good the paint is at the front, but people leave them on still :S