ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

50.4 mpg

172 ph2
I was amazed to see that my 172 managed 50.4 mpg!! in an attempt to save fuel i drove at 40mph changing at 2.5/3k..well happy with the results...

Nissan 350z
I got about an average of 46MPG cruising at 70MPH (average was 50MPH) back from North Whales yesturday in my ph2 172. I was shocked! :)

53 Clio's & counting
Not suprised, at 40mph and light throttle openings the engine is simply keeping the car rolling, no real load on it so good mpg is to be expected :) I got 55.7 mpg out a 2007 170 bhp Passat, which is rated to do in the low 40's, fair play though :)

BTW was that fuel computer readings or was that properly worked out matey? :)

Mental 172 Cup
99.9mpg going downhill in 5th @ 30mph just after resetting do i win?? :)

pics avaliable on request!

330ci Conv
58mpg on motorway, wasnt taking it too easy. Big shock to me when get in the valver and does half the mpg but its fun :)

'95 Astra :-(
Just filled up the car for the second time since I bought it.

345miles mostly going 10miles to work & back with a couple of fun drives. Computer said 41.6MPG, at the pump it worked out at 38.6MPG.

My Pug 405 1.8 8V does 37MPG on the same type of run (minus the fun drives).

Higgy.

Nimbus 197
I wonder what it was they did that made the 197 soooooooooo bad on fuel. 40+mpg is just not possible in mine, mid 30s is a target!

RS 172
Just filled up the car for the second time since I bought it.

345miles mostly going 10miles to work & back with a couple of fun drives. Computer said 41.6MPG, at the pump it worked out at 38.6MPG.

My Pug 405 1.8 8V does 37MPG on the same type of run (minus the fun drives).

Higgy.

yeah that sounds about right.. computer is alway optimistic... ;)

Clio 172 cup
i still doubt claims on mpg on this forum 56mpg is hard work in my dci :dead: if you can get 50mpg then we wouldn't need diesels

Don't get me wrong, I'm averaging in the low 30's normally. However 50mpg is EASILY attainable if you drive slowly enough. Christ, I reset the counter mid-drive earlier and hit 90 odd initially.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Don't get me wrong, I'm averaging in the low 30's normally. However 50mpg is EASILY attainable if you drive slowly enough. Christ, I reset the counter mid-drive earlier and hit 90 odd initially.

Yeh but that's not what you are actually getting though. The average MPG needs time to calibrate. Thus, all these claims are balls. You don't have an instant MPG readout so can't give an accurate figure.