ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5-a-Side Football - Surrey Area

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
If, once you have paid for your 10 weeks, you dont turn up to a session, unless the space is filled, you wont be getting a refund im afraid.

After all the people have paid up, I suggest that if other people come along, they still pay the £3.60, & at the end of the 10 week period, any 'profit' is either re-distributed amongst all players, or put towards the next 10 week period.

This will all be noted down, & provided (if necessary) in spreadsheet format.

FailSport football is a non-profit making organisation ;)

Somebody asked about this the other day, so i thought i had better 'publish our accounts' being that its financial yearend and all that ;)

After the first 10 weeks of football, we had 10 regular 'up front' players and a variety of 'pay per play' players (paying £428.40 in total), giving a surplus at the end of £68.40 (after the fee of £360 had been paid):

First10Weeks.gif

Unfortunately, after i took payment for the 2nd lot of 10 weeks from 9 'up front' players, the leisure centre decided to increase their weekly cost slightly (by a pound i think) so i transferred some of the previous surplus over to cover this cost.

The current situation, after 6 weeks of play, is that there is a surplus of just over £5 (in addition to the previous surplus of £68.40).

My current thought is that as the 24th April is our final week of the '10 weeks' indoor football, we should probably go back outside. As such, i will obviously need to either divide up the surplus and give a 'dividend' to those that have turned up (based on their % investment into the pot in the 1st place), or i could buy a couple of new footballs & perhaps some goalposts for use outside?

Your thoughts?

330i. E30 Touring.
That's a plan! The luminous stick style posts would be awesome!Can't wait to play outside again.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Footballs and goalposts, definitely. At least that'll mean if someone scores it doesn't go miles.
May promote more accurate shooting, something I'm always keen on;)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I have a suggestion. We gather approx £27 per person from the regular 10 players (so less than what we paid each for 10 weeks indoor football) and we buy two SAMBA 12ft x 6ft goals, with nets and carry bags.

That's £134.80 per goal by the way.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I'll store it at work. Comes in a kit bag so no biggie.
Be nice to have some proper goals rather than bags and jumpers and it'll save running after the ball after scoring.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I'll store it at work. Comes in a kit bag so no biggie.
Be nice to have some proper goals rather than bags and jumpers and it'll save running after the ball after scoring.

Can you see what peoples thoughts are tonight then?

My parents up until tomorrow so i wont be going to football you see ...

If nobody is interested, ill simply refund the surplus as mentioned above.

330i. E30 Touring.
Proper goals might be a bit much tbh.

Those luminous poles to form posts would be cool though- maybe a few training cones to mark out the pitch would be cool too.

330i. E30 Touring.
You've been stringing me along for months now. I can't wait for you forever. I won't.P.s. We'll be playing outside again then. :)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Dave AKA Tom Lewis. The deserter.

Im in...against my better judgement perhaps. My brother is going to make his debut as well.

No car
Hey guys, so from next week onwards it's gona be outside? Would it still be on a Tuesday? What time? And how much would it be? I'm down like syndrome for this!!!!

330i. E30 Touring.
Hey guys, so from next week onwards it's gona be outside? Would it still be on a Tuesday? What time? And how much would it be? I'm down like syndrome for this!!!!

We'll be back to playing down the local park. (Ottershaw, just off Jct 11 of the M25)

We'll probably be moving it earlier i assume to avoid darkness, so will be about 6.30pm if possible? Depends when everyone can do!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Dave, you suck. Is this all because I may have poked you with my meatstick last week? Standard IIRC.

Ryan and I will be there tonight.

330i. E30 Touring.
Tomorrow?

1. Mike

Don't forget we're back at Ottershaw park.

Any of you who bail because you might get a bit wet- you know what i'm going to tell you!

Petrol Blue 182.
whos in tomorrow? will dave ever re-appear? has he grown his vigina fully now?

will vish ever get over his back problem or his dodgy stomach?

Focus ST170
Unfortunately I won't be a football this week as it's my birthday (33, jesus. :/) and I'm going out for a meal with the missus and bump.. Next week lads!

Focus ST170
We need to work out what were doing with going back inside guys as its getting too dark to play outside now. Its dark at 8ish now.. So are we going to go back inside at Staines leisure Center?
J

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Bump on this as numbers have severely dwindled as of late. Lazy f*cks.

We have an outside floodlit pitch booked every Monday at 7.45pm at the following location in Chertsey: http://www.swps.org.uk/Location

Cost is circa £3.50 per hour, per person iirc, that basically pays for the rent of the pitch.

We've also recently bought 10 x new Mitre footballs and 10 x training bibs (as below), so all setup for proper games.

F4A606EE-EE55-4BEC-83D1-6DF57C9EE748-4604-0000049B2B3B8E87.jpg

Bit late to tell people about tonight, but feel free to come along from next Monday.

Cheers
Dave

330i. E30 Touring.
If anyone is at a loose end tonight, we're playing tonight from 7:45.

Also have the luxury of being able to have 9-a side, and play as long as we like!