ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4g sim for the usa

Need a new sim for the states used at&t in the past but anyone used t-mobile usa ?

Wondered which had good 4g coverage

Cant get a 3 sim on payg for the usa as far as i can see
Or maybe you can , can i just get a payg 3 sim and just use it in the usa ?

More research needed

Last edited:

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
3 PAYG sim, top up 20 quid and use it to by the unlimited addon.
Unlimited data (=12GB)
And calls and texts come out of your "home" allowance.

SQ5
Where are you going out of interest? My missus reckons that if you are anywhere with shops/beaches/towns etc... You will always be able to get wifi

Listerine & Poledo
I have read that data speeds are slow
Yes.
Don't count on streaming or uploading video while you're out there. Not over mobile networks anyway.

Also, bear in mind that their landmass/coverage ratio for 4G is woeful. But if you're just going to the main cities, you should be fine.

The worry is down to speeds as if i by an at&t sim as i have had in the past its fine
It seemed from what i was reading that if on a 3 sim it was much slower than a local sim

I would rather have a us number as paying to call US numbers would be a pain as thats the main point

Listerine & Poledo
The US speeds are well known for being poor in comparison to many. Then, we're woeful compared to Japan and Korea.

In honesty, yes, you'd be better off with a domestic SIM over there, but no matter which way you pay for it, the service will be the same.

Just an update , did alot of research on this and have identified the catch with 3

Massive throttling in most places which figures. I am sure this will change in europe over the next year or so but the best service and speeds for a us trip is AT&T

2 sims purchased for a fiver

Yes , have done it before and activated in uk and then popped them in during the flight ready for landing

Our christmas trips are long so its useful

Have done the same in kenya and it saves fortunes having unlimited free data

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Safaricom? Had better internet through Kenyan mobile that I could get anywhere in Germany lol.

Why do you need so much bandwidth anyway ?

Yep safaricom:)

As for bandwidth i will stay in touch with work , stream music and tv when i need to . upload pics etc

Its just easier to not worry

Kenya i streamed the jap gp a few yeears ago because i didnt want to miss it

By the pool

Whilst having breakfast :)

I'm currently in the States with my 3 sim and the speeds are pretty crap to be fair, however checking Facebook/Twitter etc is fine.

What I was pleasantly surprised with is that the Sim says it is 2 months maximum per year, but I've been here since August and it is still working.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I used T-mobile last time I was out there, I think their 4G package was cheaper than AT&T at the time.
Coverage was fine in NYC, I imagine it drops off a cliff when you get out in the countryside.

Yep utah is huge but only has 3million people in

Coverage cab be flakey

AT&T is what my yank friends have always recommended as no point saving a few bucks if it does not work