ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4 Wheel alignment

Monaco Blue 172
How much roughly would i be looking at for getting 4 wheel alignment checked on a 182? Seen it advertised for £160,i thought that was a bit steep?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
30-40 (varies from branch to branch) quid at protyre roughly.

Thats for adjusting front tracking, and a printout of:
front camber/toe/caster
rear camber/toe

Bear in mind you cannot adjust the rear unless you start taking the stub axles off and adding shims.

Renault Clio 172 cup
My local place charges £39 which is adjustment on the fronts, and a printout of all 4 wheels before and after. £160 is a stitch up.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Agreed 160 quid to measure 4 wheels and then adjust two track rods is just insanely expensive, I cant even begin to imagine how they justify that.

Surely that must include cornerweight as well or something?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Not too sure to be honest. Just seen it advertised FROM £160 for all four wheels.

Lets take a step back and start from the beginning mate.

Do you have height adjustable coil overs? If so do they include camber adjustment?
If not do you have adjustable camber bolts?

Monaco Blue 172
Lets take a step back and start from the beginning mate.

Do you have height adjustable coil overs? If so do they include camber adjustment?
If not do you have adjustable camber bolts?

At the moment im running standard suspension. Working on a bit of a tight budget so just getting figures for fitting coilovers or lowering springs/uprated dampers.

After lowering i take it id be better off getting the wheel alignment checked?

LY FF182
Lowering will effect tracking.. Fact.. Needs adjusting. Where I work we do all 4 for under £60. (When a car has adjustable rears anyway)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
At the moment im running standard suspension. Working on a bit of a tight budget so just getting figures for fitting coilovers or lowering springs/uprated dampers.

After lowering i take it id be better off getting the wheel alignment checked?

If it's all standard then the ONLY thing they can adjust is front tracking.

So just go to a pro tyre and get that done.

If you are going to lower it then you need to have it tracked after.