ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3G tablets?

Any decent tablets to go for with 3G? Not looking for an iPad at the minute as I have a iPhone 4 and it'll be the same,

Just looking for a decent spec, decent screen but bust have 3G because theres no wifi here :(

Any decent deals going on? I assume I have to get a contract sim for it? The issue I have is that I want to get whatever on payday next week but can't get to a computer until march :(

You can get PAYG sims from Orange. Or there's T-Mobile ones that you can buy that are just pre-paid. So when it runs out you buy another.

Or of course you can get one on a contract.

With an iPad now, you don't need a computer to set it up. Everything is done on the device.

Do not get a 3g, they cost more and the deals for the sims are extortion for what you get. A tablet is mostly used for streaming video/music from the net and you will use the 3-5gb easily. Buy a 3 mifi dongle, can use your phone and laptop off it aswell. 18 quid will get you 15 GB!!!!

Its cheaper to do it fixed term, thats what iv done as i know i get the used out of it. No idea on price for both, i got my ipad 1st gen when the 2nd came out for 300 iirc. Its alot cheaper to get wifi only for any tablet with the separate dongle.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I have a Wifi iPad2 and use a 3 Mifi dongle.

15gb for £15.99.

I use the dongle for 3 devices, iPhone/iPad/laptop..

Awesome bit of kit.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Every archos tablet launched has turned out to be garbage. How will this be different?

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
It isn't.

Genuine question have you used 1 for more than 2 seconds in a shop?

Everything about it is so much nicer to use and it doesn't feel like im using a massive iphone, I can have all my widgets to see my email, facebook etc all on 1 screen, can get pretty much all the same apps and have yet to have it crash or slow down or all the s**t people say.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Every archos tablet launched has turned out to be garbage. How will this be different?

i've used an 80 G9, it's very capable. I just want the 1.5ghz processor really.

I had a go with a galaxy tab 8.9 tonight and to be honest i'm very nearly won over

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
i've used an 80 G9, it's very capable. I just want the 1.5ghz processor really.

I had a go with a galaxy tab 8.9 tonight and to be honest i'm very nearly won over

Try the galaxy 10.1 or even better wait for their new 1 that will no doubt be released soon to compete with ipad 3 or w/e its going to be called.

BMW335M/Clio200/182
Try the galaxy 10.1 or even better wait for their new 1 that will no doubt be released soon to compete with ipad 3 or w/e its going to be called.

Ditto, the new quad core ICS Android tabs look really good, especially with LTE support (that's 4G mobile connectivity at 100Mbps).

LOL at paranoid Apple fanboys talking about every other tab being crap compared to their precious Apple investment!

The sheep will learn in their own time and Apple will probably not adopt LTE for about 5 years.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

I've tried a 10.1 briefly, I can't decide which size I prefer, but the 8.9 really is exceptionally thin. I'd get an HTC if they hadn't made the Flyer a daft 7 inch

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Genuine question have you used 1 for more than 2 seconds in a shop?

Everything about it is so much nicer to use and it doesn't feel like im using a massive iphone, I can have all my widgets to see my email, facebook etc all on 1 screen, can get pretty much all the same apps and have yet to have it crash or slow down or all the s**t people say.

Yes.

iPads are better.