ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3 hours of cleaning

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
It took me this long just to get the salt/dirt off, give up did'nt even dry it will try next week lol
s5030050kc8.jpg

Clio MK 4
ye think mine will take hours just to get it all off so think i might miss detailing part fro the first week lol.

My car is in such a state I'm going to purchase a foam lancer to help clean it properly.

car looks rally nice by the way

Mk4 .:R32
cant be arsed cleaning mine, will just get dirty again after about 18 seconds :(

nice car :)

106 GTi
I need to clean the daily drive sometime this weekend. Waxed the Clio last weekend and is staying in the garage now until I get round to putting it up for sale.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
If you wash it more offen, seal and wax it, it takes a third of that time!!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Its got 6-8 coats of egp on it!

there's your problem! ;)

I'm bias'd as i hate it. But try and fire a spray wax or such like on after everywash! takes 25min extra...And it's worth it's weight in gold until you find the time/weather to wax it properly.

Mito Sportiva 135
I need to clean the daily drive sometime this weekend. Waxed the Clio last weekend and is staying in the garage now until I get round to putting it up for sale.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! :dead:

Mito Sportiva 135
Its got 6-8 coats of egp on it!

there's your problem! ;)

I'm bias'd as i hate it. But try and fire a spray wax or such like on after everywash! takes 25min extra...And it's worth it's weight in gold until you find the time/weather to wax it properly.

Yep, especially on the wheels this time of year its a life saver. I hadn't waxed my wheels from September - December and although still cleaned up using a soap solution, was a lot harder than usual and I had to polish, reseal and rewax again...should hopefully hold out for a couple of months now, I have only done 700 miles since September though I think :(

2.0 Auris
MMMM Rich Id love to buy your 182 If I had some spare cash

Mito Sportiva 135
700 miles since Sept, I have done about 7 in mine lol - that's why its going !

Yeah fair play, guess if you were a millionare you could afford to keep it sitting pretty, but just depreciating away in a garage I guess. Will be a sad day, whoever buys it will be one lucky MF...if I had some more flash cash at the moment I would gladly make the upgrade.

Your 182 looks very nice,

If you use a detailing spray during the drying stage it will speed up the time and leave a nice finish.

Not sure 6-8 layers of egp is any better than 2 layers of something like CG Jetseal or similar quality sealant topped of with a wax of choice.

Just a thought. :D

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
One hell of alot of dirt underneath mine. Sills, wheel arches atc. Cleaned out the arches last night. Water in the bucket was filthy within minutes.

106 GTi

If you use a detailing spray during the drying stage it will speed up the time and leave a nice finish.

Not sure 6-8 layers of egp is any better than 2 layers of something like CG Jetseal or similar quality sealant topped of with a wax of choice.

Not convinced on the Jetseal yet am trying a panel on my daily drive and the Jeffs AGT.

Mito Sportiva 135

Not convinced on the Jetseal yet am trying a panel on my daily drive and the Jeffs AGT.

I usedthe Jetseal on my wheels and seemed to leave a very slick finish, not quite sure how well it protected as a standalone as I topped with wax but I quite liked it. Not really in the market to buy ANOTHER sealant right now though, if I do it will be another bottle of Jeffs though as mines nearly run out :(

Cupra 300 ST 4drive

TBH after cleaning the arches and underside i was knackered, i have just purchased my first pot of SWISSVAX SAPHIR will have a crack in a few days time

106 GTi
You will like the Saphir, I applied as coat to my mates Mustang last August time and it was still beading well at New Year.

clio 172 flame red
gtvlew- nice pics of the car awsome colour! do you live over by morriston crem? just thought i recognised the style of houses. my mate lives around there.