ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3.0 V6 Laguna

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
After selling our Panda at the weekend I had every intention of buying an X Type Jag last night, but it was not as described and the current owners were reluctant to negotiate on price to reflect the issues with it. This left me in a bit of a predicament as I needed a car for today.

I was sat at the computer last night trying to plan a route to work using public transport which involved a decent walk, 2 buses and then a taxi when a text came through from a mate. Did I fancy a "cheap" Laguna? My initial thought was no not really. But with Benefits Street on in the background and the thought of being sat with these people on the bus the next morning a Laguna started to look like a good option.

So I went for a look and I came home in this.

IMG_4071_zpsbeecef9b.jpg

IMG_4072_zps5809a946.jpg

IMG_4073_zpsa24e61fc.jpg

IMG_4074_zps0e401833.jpg

IMG_4075_zps020546f4.jpg

It's done 56K with only previous MOT's to back up the mileage, no service history at all.

It's HPI clear.

Bodywork is rough in places but no rust. The interior needs a good clean and the leather is worn on the drivers seat bolster. There's no stereo but everything else seems to work.

There's plenty of life in the discs and pads. The exhaust doesn't look that old.

9 months MOT and 3 months Tax.

What's the worst that can happen??

You might want to get the cambelt & aux belt last done. Unless you're just going to scrap it if they go ?

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
You might want to get the cambelt & aux belt last done. Unless you're just going to scrap it if they go ?

It was £400, I won't even be changing the oil. There were 2 weeks left on the Panda insurance policy that I transferred on to this for free, so it just gives me chance to find something else.

It was £400, I won't even be changing the oil. There were 2 weeks left on the Panda insurance policy that I transferred on to this for free, so it just gives me chance to find something else.
Bargain!! Yeah I don't blame you!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I thought I was pure baller when these came out and I borrowed my old man's Laguna.

Still the comfiest journey me and the boys took to Alton Towers.... Oh the memories... :)

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Bargain!! Yeah I don't blame you!

It's a bit ropey to be fair, I'll just stick it on eBay at 99p no reserve when I'm done. I don't expect to make anything on it.

I'm looking forward to giving it a good clean though, see what she's like under all the filth!

I thought I was pure baller when these came out and I borrowed my old man's Laguna.

Still the comfiest journey me and the boys took to Alton Towers.... Oh the memories... :)

Yeh it is really comfy, wafting to work in this was certainly better than a trip on the peasant wagon.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I can imagine! You can wave at the cattle barges while you waft buy ;)

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Thats epic

I was behind a C5 HDi the other day and I thought how cool they were when they came out, then thought just how cheap those cars must be now.

This thread proves the point!

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T

Just ordered an air filter and oil filter for £9 delivered, so I might treat her to that....

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
And it starts!

I know, I should just leave it as it is and try and get my money back in a months time. But I've been on eBay already looking for bits and pieces to tidy it up.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Same engine as the Ph2 V6 Clio yes and a better turning circle that the Clio V6 to lol

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Well it ain't a Jag but it's a lot of car for the brass mate. Like your attitude with cars, you just get what suits at the time. A lot of people cba but you seem to do alright out of swapping fairly regular

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Well it ain't a Jag but it's a lot of car for the brass mate. Like your attitude with cars, you just get what suits at the time. A lot of people cba but you seem to do alright out of swapping fairly regular

I used to enjoy changing cars and trying to make a bit of money. But I've been putting a lot of money in to my house over the last 12 months and have been getting to work in a 10 year old Punto. I've still got that and I'll go back to using it once I've found something for my partner.

I'm still looking at X-Types but I'm half tempted to lease something for her, one less thing to worry about and you seem to be able to get something half decent for £150 a month.

£400 nips? Bargain.

It's a bit ropey to be fair Jim, but thats all I gave for it. The guy was after £600.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Yes some of the lease deals you can get now a days make sense tbh. My missus has a new Fiesta tdci through her work with all bells and whistles on and it's a bloody brilliant little car and really cheap to run

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Yes some of the lease deals you can get now a days make sense tbh. My missus has a new Fiesta tdci through her work with all bells and whistles on and it's a bloody brilliant little car and really cheap to run

I've looked at deals on Fiesta's but diesel Ibiza's seem to be about the best value for money at the moment.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Sweet cruiser and for £400 drive it till it dies. Loved my old Laguna, was proper reliable, not even joking either.