ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3.0 V6 Laguna

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Sweet cruiser and for £400 drive it till it dies. Loved my old Laguna, was proper reliable, not even joking either.

It is a good cruiser, did 45 miles on the motorway tonight, at 60mph it's doing just over 1500rpm and you can't even hear the engine.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
If it doesn't blow up/set on fire/break down then it'll be £400 well spent.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I did a bit of work on the Laguna today, changed the oil, oil filter and air filter. I fit a CD player and then gave her a quick wash. I've done 400 miles in it so far and it's not missed a beat. It's such a comfortable car but not the most economical, I'm getting just short of 25 mpg so it could be worse.

Up on the ramps....

73E36029-E3E6-4BD5-805B-267357627BB5_zpsdfgqtuno.jpg

New filter....

124836A6-E382-49D9-85B0-FF2E57E7E9E4_zpsy583qus8.jpg

CD player and new mats....

3E1028CA-8051-4A87-98D6-90F117A50F69_zpsusu1ekka.jpg

Clean...

306C7120-A9D6-4A43-9BA0-BF7E4520F939_zpsnz1v4hsm.jpg

4D9499D9-6A7A-469D-9431-EE86F8DDDCD7_zpsoas9knrh.jpg

DSC02919_zps87ea5bd4.jpg

DSC02915_zps2c39aeef.jpg

DSC02914_zps65f0d82e.jpg

DSC02913_zps55c79e5f.jpg

DSC02912_zps1f739086.jpg

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Car - £400
Mats/CD Player - £19
Oil + Filters - £33

Total £452

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I drove my dads for a couple of weeks, loved it. It had some ridiculous induction kit on and stainless exhaust, sounded evil. Sold it for peanuts I wish I'd kept it for a while.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Bargain.

How hard would it be to do a Clio V6 from that engine?

How do you mean Jay? Use the engine from this and drop it into a Clio or make this into a Clio Vee spec?

We dropped an L7X from a 406 in to a phase 1 R19 for a guy. I've been asked to wire it up and make it run shortly

Drop the engine from the Laguna into a Clio.

Could be a cheap awesome conversation. Would it fit in the bay of a Ph1/2 though?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It would fit yes but you'd need to break out the gas axe and do some serious fabrication work to mount the devil. It would also add some SERIOUS weight to the nose if you attempted to drop it up front making the car terrible in the turns. Really you'd have to bang it in the ass and unless you were doing it "Because you can" it would be much cheaper to blow an NA unit and give better results in every area.

The guy that we did the R19 Vee for wasn't interested in handling and just wanted a non-standard retro frog with a reliable/modern 6 pot in for cruising... He also has a Mondeo V6 and Vectra GSi with a 3.0 Police Spec MV unit in so he must love huge fuel bills (I did that last conversion for him to).

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
She's getting PX'd on Saturday, I hope it doesn't break this week....

Maybe a 172 Cup..
You're welcome to come and have a look at it, I was just going to PX it in.

Cheers for offer Edd. Checked insurance yesterday and not worthwhile for me, even with them mirroring my no claims for wife. Sure it'll do you proud till Saturday mate.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Cheers for offer Edd. Checked insurance yesterday and not worthwhile for me, even with them mirroring my no claims for wife. Sure it'll do you proud till Saturday mate.

That's strange, it's cheaper to insure than a 1.2 Punto for us. If we were to insure the Laguna for the year it'd be £375, my partner's 30 and she had a non fault claim 2 years ago. If all other running costs were as cheap as insurance I'd keep it!

Maybe a 172 Cup..
It's not been a good year insurance wise though pal. Missus hasn't any no claims, and had 1 fault and 1 non fault in last 6 months.

Wonder if my postcode isn't all that good as well then pal. Best price I got on Civic for me and wife was over £500.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
She's going in the morning, I'm PXing it against a 59 plate Kia Soul 2. The Soul was my partners choice and I can't really get excited about collecting it. But hopefully it'll be reliable and I think I got a fairly good deal on it.

I did 800 miles in the Laguna and averaged 26MPG, it's been a pleasure to drive it and I think I'll miss it!

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I didn't do too badly with the PX price ;-).

To be fair that's still a lot of car for
a grand.