ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2K Clear Lacquer aerosol

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Hi what is the best brand to get,respraying washer blanks and wing mirrors and been told to use 2k but looks expensive

V6 255, 172 cup, ph1
Any 2k Laquer should be fine. May react with regaular spraycans so try to get it all from the same place.

I get my best spraycan results with a light coat followed 3-5 mins later by a dust coat (hold the can far away from the job) followed by a full heavy coat 10-15 mins later.

Corsa GSI XE
H body
Autoclear 496

Only thing Id ever use aerosol wise , gives near gun results if painted correctly

Has superb gloss qualitys

Punto/Clio GTT
dont hold your arm further away from the panel when applying dust coats or itll be drying by the time it hits the part youre painting. just move your arm quicker

Williams 2
Any 2k Laquer should be fine. May react with regaular spraycans so try to get it all from the same place.

I get my best spraycan results with a light coat followed 3-5 mins later by a dust coat (hold the can far away from the job) followed by a full heavy coat 10-15 mins later.
Why would you dust coat lacquer?

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
H body
Autoclear 496

Only thing Id ever use aerosol wise , gives near gun results if painted correctly

Has superb gloss qualitys

Have you got any experience with this over any of the VHT paints? Looking to do my Brembo's but the VHT clear doesn't leave the best of finishes

Corsa GSI XE
I've used vht wrinkle red and high temp but for gloss nothing comes close to body shop quality except the tin listed above

Williams 2
I was asking if that 2k lacquer will be ok on top of the VHT caliber paint they do?

it wouldn't be recommeded, but would probably be ok for normal road use. 2K paint is much more resilient than normal paint

Your best off just using 2K in the colour you want. no point VHT 1K then 2K lacquer on top

Williams 2
As in heat resistance as well? Bearing in mind my brakes see a lot of heat from trackdays and aggressive pads

I wouldn't like to say with aggressive use, but can't see what else would be better. You may be able to get high temperature 2K paint in the colour you want, but i would happily use 'normal' 2 pack on calipers, it bonds really well too much better adhesion

You can get industrial 2 pack paint aswell (depending on the colour you want) i done the wheels on my track car with that in dark grey, i clean them with truck acid undiluted and they still look good as new

Last edited: