ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2200 miles and its going into the dealership already!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
thats what we were planning to do this week actually but its got to the point now im just sick fed up of it. i dont want the car i dont want a replacement one i dont want it fixed, i want everything renault gone from my drive!!

We are changing our driving school cars too from now on, no more renaults or arnold clark!

Get an ARNOLD SHARK sticker made for the back window and see how long it lasts when you let them repair it again.

53 Clio's & counting
Shame to hear mate :( I still say get it along to a Renaultsport Track day, and let an instructor drive - that will prove your point and show it needs sorting

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
update, car came back from dealership with 2 new tyres driving pretty well, for about 3 days and now its back to its old tricks pulling left hard under braking and then it appears the EBD kicks in and trys to correct it but ends up over correcting it, take your hand of the steeringwheel, brake hard it dives left then the steeringwheel turns right and starts trying to correct, its like nightrider!

done 2 laps of knockhill and had to abandon it as it was that dangerous!

going into Ian Grieve Subaru on Wednesday for a look as they are very well respected about here and im finished with renault.
Heavy Bent™

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
no point taking it to ness, cars a piece of s**t, manufacturer isnt interested. Im finished with renault. Its already cost me over 300 in independant inspections, fuel back and forward to 4 different dealers

182cup & 172 racecar
I've been following this with some interest, and still amazed it's not been fixed, or at least got to the root of the problem.

All the figures don't send alarm bells ringing, it really does need a drive.

I wonder what it would look like from underneath on a new MOT testers ramp (the one that wobbles everything to test bushes etc).

See if it jumps out of a rolling road, like ours used to.

Shame you have been put off Renault.

Lionel Richie
update, car came back from dealership with 2 new tyres driving pretty well, for about 3 days and now its back to its old tricks pulling left hard under braking and then it appears the EBD kicks in and trys to correct it but ends up over correcting it, take your hand of the steeringwheel, brake hard it dives left then the steeringwheel turns right and starts trying to correct, its like nightrider!

done 2 laps of knockhill and had to abandon it as it was that dangerous!

going into Ian Grieve Subaru on Wednesday for a look as they are very well respected about here and im finished with renault.

pretty normal, inner pad will be sticky, no big deal

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Sure some of this isn't just in your head?

As in, you know its had some pretty invasive work and its playing with your mind? That or your driving it like a reet tool/it is fucked etc etc. Just seems strange how its been for some many different 3rd opinions and nothing conclusive has been found.

Just seems strange how its been for some many different 3rd opinions and nothing conclusive has been found.

My 200 went to the same garages to have something fixed.

I got a text from my mate who worked there and said the service manager couldn't be arsed with it so told RUK there were no issues.

I then took it to Ness and they had a list of things that needed sorted within 2 minutes.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Sure some of this isn't just in your head?

As in, you know its had some pretty invasive work and its playing with your mind? That or your driving it like a reet tool/it is fucked etc etc. Just seems strange how its been for some many different 3rd opinions and nothing conclusive has been found.

progrip have driven it and confirmed its not right under braking, alan one of the members on here has driven it and said f**k i wouldnt be driving that! 5 or 6 other people have had a shot and all confirmed its dangerous. Put it this way, drive a 200 at 80mph+ brake hard and sharply steer it to the left, thats what my car does!!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Possible to replicate it on rollers? Strapped up to hell of course.

Since there's 'nothing wrong with the car', they'll be happy to stand right next to it?

i offered to approach a roundabout at tripple figures hard on the anchors with the area manager in the car but he politely declined lol

LOL. I done that on a test drive.

The salesman turned to my dad and goes "are you sure you want to let him buy this car?" :lolup:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
This is turning out to be a right pain in the dick man.

Has all this started after they fitted the new engine? You must be due a replacement now f**k sake!?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
stripped front callipers iff today, all cleaned up, rubbed down on theninner edges pads are totally free to move. Still the same, possibly worse. any issues with rear brakes on them? Never had time to inspect them.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
after the above was performed, the car started to get better after 30 or so miles, brakes lost the spoungey feeling they had and car started pulling less and less, brakes are getting a fluid change this week as i recon theirs possibly air in the system!

looks like this full saga could potentially have been solved by a brake strip down and serviced and the brakes bled, found out the car hasnt been near a brake ballance machine and calipers have never been removed from the car (since the were originally re fitted after the engine change)... it gets better and better. least im now getting somewhere just paying for it myself, should have just done this from day one lol!

Planet earth mate, yourself?

"Stripped the calipers off" would imply you removed them completley to clean up on a bench.

Judging from what else you have said you just removed the pads whilst they were still on the car/unbolted them and left them dangling.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Planet earth mate, yourself?

"Stripped the calipers off" would imply you removed them completley to clean up on a bench.

Judging from what else you have said you just removed the pads whilst they were still on the car/unbolted them and left them dangling.

yes, callipers removed from the hub, pads removed from calliper, cleaned up, re fitted and calliper bolted back on. No point at all in removing the brake lines from the callipers