ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2015 CLIO IV RS CUP EDC - SECURITY

CLIO IV RS 200 CUP15
Hi all, I own the Clio RS and been wondering does the car come out of the factory with immobilizer?

If not then I imagine how easy it will be to steal via some method via obd port key cloning. Silly of Renault not to come out factory with any theft prevention?

Also could you get an immobilizer installed without alarm? And using the original Renault keycard without changing keys etc. Sorry I am new.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
I would of thought it would have an immobilizer from factory.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Hasn't every car had an imobiliser since about 1996??? ?

I’m pretty sure it’s this. Basically unless you have an old school just metal key it has one.

Edit:
“Car immobilisers have been compulsory on all cars made since 1998” according to google.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Immobilisers are easy to bypass. You can disable/move the OBD port. Not sure why people went away from old school security, get a huge steering wheel lock, wheel clamp, fit CCTV, I'm sure if the car had a steering lock most thief's would walk away. People just think cars got newer the security got better.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
If someone really wants it, they'll take it.

If that means coming thru your bedroom door at 3am demanding the keys, they'll do it.

It's a car, it's insured.. on the microscopic chance someone wants your car, let them have it. I'd rather my car disappeared in the night than someone fcuked it up smashing windows and trying to get locks off and suchlike, or even worse, coming in the house for keys.

Two cars were nicked on my road a few years back, but both times, the front door of each house was not deadlocked...

Don't make it easy whatever you do, but it's not worth losing sleep over.

CLIO IV RS 200 CUP15
Immobilisers are easy to bypass. You can disable/move the OBD port. Not sure why people went away from old school security, get a huge steering wheel lock, wheel clamp, fit CCTV, I'm sure if the car had a steering lock most thief's would walk away. People just think cars got newer the security got better.

I have seen videos of thieves taking off steering locks. There a will there a way. So steering locks are not safe anymore, it can be taken off or picked.

Thieves won’t generally steal a Renault of mediocre value when Golf R’s, Performance BMW’s, Range Rovers, Audi’s are much easier to get and move on.

A smackhead might jump in it if you leave it defrosting on the drive in winter but I can’t see someone targeting you for that car, which itself is the best security really.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I have seen videos of thieves taking off steering locks. There a will there a way. So steering locks are not safe anymore, it can be taken off or picked.

Whilst that may be true in some cases, due to the skill/time it would take to remove the lock would be enough of a deterrent.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
It's a Renault nobody will steal it dont worry.

That's true to be fair my mate has one and he lives in Tipton and no one has stolen his !!
Seriously thou just get a dislok job done! You won't find any videos of people removing one on those?