ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2004 Clio 182 and 2003 Clio Diesel REAR SHOCK ABSORBERS - Same thing??

106 1.5 diesel
Hi all, my car has failed it's MOT on a rear shocker leaking and I need an urgent answer. I'm looking at a pair of Proline shocks for a diesel clio, will they fit and perform the same as 182 dampers?

If there are any similarities what are they?

Basically a mate of mine has 2 brand new rear dampers for a clio diesel and I need to get my car through it's MOT today... So I'm not just being tight (maybe a little) lol

Cheers Ben

Listerine & Poledo
Yes, you're being tight. ;)
Even if they fit, they wont have the same settings for damping so you'll be compromising the handling of the car. Given it's no dragster or cruiser, you will only remove 90% of the point of the car.

106 1.5 diesel
They'll only be on the car for a few months doing motorway cruising anyway, I'm saving up for coilovers so don't want to spend £100 of that to buy genuine 182 rear shocks! Will they fit, all I wanna know ;)