ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2002 Clio Dynamique 1.2 16v Black

Clio Dynamique 1.2
Hey everyone,

While this isn't my first foray into the French scene having owned two 306s and a a Saxo, it is my first dealing with a Clio. I've signed up to this forum mainly as I know nothing about them and thought it would be a good idea to get tips and advice from people who actually know :)

Well I picked it up last weekend and I have to say I'm very impressed with it. I wasn't looking for a Clio originally but I saw this and thought I'd take a punt and I haven't been disappointed. It drives very smoothly and is extremely quiet and I'm surprised at how high spec it is for a simple 1.2.

Pics:

clio1_zpsc76c1fad.jpg

clio3_zpsc6cca98d.jpg

clio2_zps1d3bb356.jpg

clio5_zpsbd77e667.jpg

clio4_zps12eb4085.jpg

I have a few simple plans for it just to tidy it up and they are as follows:
  • New plates
  • Chrome indicator bulbs
  • Stubby aerial
  • Tailored mats
  • Induction kit
  • Flat wipers
  • Xenon bulbs
  • Chrome interior door handles
  • Clear side repeaters
  • Sport gearknob
  • Lowering springs
As you can see its a simple list and hardly a radical change but I don't really know what else to do. I fancy a Sport grille but even second hand they go for about £50 which is stupid and I'm on a budget. So any ideas would be appreciated :)

Thanks,
Alex

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Hi mate,

welcome!

First of all I wouldn't bother with an induction kit, it'll do nothing & be all show no go.

Other than that looks nice.

Clio Dynamique 1.2
Thanks mate! And thanks for the advice, was going to get one mainly to add a bit of noise but I'm not too fussed :)

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks mate! And thanks for the advice, was going to get one mainly to add a bit of noise but I'm not too fussed :)

Looks tidy tho bud!

Yeah they do sound good, but you "tend" to loose power from them from heat soak.

Clio Dynamique 1.2
Yeah its in decent condition to be fair, would love to give it a proper clean but no point in this weather. Also thinking of tinting my fogs yellow and painting my calipers yellow too.

Clio Dynamique 1.2
Well I started this project thread nearly two months ago now and haven't updated as I haven't done anything but I've still been looking through the forum for ideas and tips. I've now done a few things but its nothing to really write home about and progress will continue to be slow I'm afraid.

Sport handles:
IMG-20130212-00810.jpg

IMG-20130212-00809.jpg

Stubby aerial:
IMG-20130212-00812.jpg

Sport gearknob insert and handbrake button:
IMG-20130212-00808.jpg

Flat wipers:
IMG-20130212-00811.jpg

As I say, hardly radical. Clean plates will be next along with some clear side repeaters and as soon as I can get the spare cash some 60mm springs will be going on. Pictures taken with a BlackBerry by the way...

Clio Dynamique 1.2
Another tiny update...the previous owner had stuck a stupid chrome surround on the rear plate so I have taken that off and put some fresh ones on.
IMG-20130218-00816.jpg

When I say stuck on I mean literally...I think superglue was used and it took bloody ages to get it all off but the ends of the car are looking a lot fresher now:
IMG-20130227-00822.jpg

IMG-20130222-00820.jpg

I've also removed the dealer sticker from the rear window so its looking a lot cleaner now. I know its hardly an amazing update but I'm skint since moving in with my girlfriend! Its things off my list though so its all good.

More updates soon.

Clio Dynamique 1.2
Cheers mate, I'm going for subtle and simple, probably won't even change the wheels to be honest, ha. Other than a major clean (got all the stuff, just haven't got the weather or time), some 60mm springs and having a few bits painted I don't really know what else to do. Oh and an RS grille is defo on the list!

Clio Dynamique 1.2
Well its been ages since i updated this due things such as snow, time, money and disinterest but ive added some clear repeater lenses and silver bulbs...
C58E8EFD-4A88-4E99-9441-BA0E35162750-4591-000001F0258FB552.jpg

and thats it...! I have however ordered some xenons, yellow fog tint and ive got paint for the calipers and drums. Heres its current state:
8F7F6381-8A12-470A-B669-7237CD4DC65F-4591-000001F01C061662.jpg

​far from done!!!

Clio Dynamique 1.2
Added some led sidelights:
5CA6E5AC-91F4-4822-9332-10E40EAC88CD-2395-00000177C9299596.jpg

and some xenons though these arent as white as i had hoped:
68A0460E-E0A4-450F-8E59-362E9E59B9A9-2395-00000177D5C5B134.jpg

i also have some yellow fog tint so will finally get some decent pics when they are done.

2007 Clio 197
Looking good! I have a black 1.2 dynamique also. Lowering it maybe 35 - 40mm makes a massive difference to how it handles. Also makes the ride a bit more firm. I got a set of spax speings for £40, so have a browse on the bay!

2007 Clio 197
Sounds good! Ill be following your thread. I would suggest colour matching and painting your drums / calipers (BLACKKK!)

Clio Dynamique 1.2
Thanks a lot mate! Yeah those things are on my list but time is my enemy at the moment with work and other things. Not sure what colour to go for with the calipers though, was thinking the standard red?

Clio Dynamique 1.2
I have some fog tint but cannot for the life of me see how to get the fogs out. Is there a guide somewhere i may have missed that shows you how to do this? Thanks in advance.

Edition 30
3 torx screws on the fog to undo. It's tight in there, you may need a specific tool.

2007 Clio 197
i used a ratchet with a torq bit to get into mines, just jack the front of the car up, and make sure you use axle stands! and go for whatever colour you want with the calipers, id just recommend you do the drums black. look stupid imo in any other colour!

Clio Dynamique 1.2
Well i've had another look and found the screws so will attempt to get them out tomorrow now. And i think i'm going to go for red with the calipers! Getting it lowered in a few weeks too!

Clio Dynamique 1.2
Hi everyone, I don't really post much on here because basically I haven't done anything noteworthy to the car but I thought I would put up a few pics of its current state and my eventual plans for it. So, here is how it is at the moment:

null-6.jpg

null-5.jpg

null-4.jpg

null-3.jpg

null-2.jpg

null-1.jpg

I also changed the gear knob insert to this black and white one as my silver one was a bit worse for wear. I'm not too sure I'm all that keen on it though...
null.jpg

I'm aware the car is disgusting and needs a desperate wash and detail but I just can't be bothered at the moment! I'm not feeling a great deal of love towards it but I think that will all change when its lowered next month and looking a bit better. So my plans are:

- lower 60mm
- RS grille
- tailored mats
- tint the fogs (got the tint, just need to do it)
- paint calipers (red most probably)
- paint drums black
- induction kit
- spray badges and bullets (probably Ford Graphite Grey)
- silver ambers front and rear
- LED number plate bulb and fresh lens

I'm also considering buying some alcantara material and wrapping the dash trims and A pillars in it as opposed to the carbon that everyone does (I genuinely can't stand carbon and can't see why everyone does it...). I've also got some genuine clear side repeaters coming in the post to replace the tacky aftermarket ones on it now and I'm going to replace the aerial as the one on it now has faded to a gold colour!

This will be a slow project but just wanted to share my plans :)

Alex

Edition 30
Don't bother with induction and paint the calipers black or silver imo.

All other plans are good :)

Clio Dynamique 1.2
Well rather than going down the induction kit route then is there any way i can modify my standard airbox to get a bit of noise? On my old corsa i was able to derestrict it and drill it but there doesnt seem to be a way to do that on the clio?

Well rather than going down the induction kit route then is there any way i can modify my standard airbox to get a bit of noise? On my old corsa i was able to derestrict it and drill it but there doesnt seem to be a way to do that on the clio?

I fitted a K&N induction kit to mine as my old one was a bit shagged. Gave my 1.2 a nice purr at around 2-3k revs, not bad for £60. Passed mot emissions fine - I wouldn't go drilling holes personally...

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Like you said all it does when changing the induction on such a small engine is give some 'Kewl' noise and lower the mpg. Ive left mine alone completely as you can mess around with induction etc when you buy a larger and more powerful engine when older. Honestly just save the money from the induction kit and buy a RS Grille. Its screaming out for one! :p

Clio Dynamique 1.2
I took my airbox off to see how an induction kit would fit but i can't see how... It has a square fixing rather than a round one i was expecting?

Clio Dynamique 1.2
I need a bit of advice please guys... I bought some side repeaters, genuine ones, but they just do not fit. I would have assumed that all clio repeaters were the same or do they differ through the phases? If it helps they are the ones where the actual lense separates from the base, the bit that clips into the wing.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Yes, maybe you've purchased ones for older Clio? I believe 172/182 ones will fit :) Ones off eBay are crap, let water in.

Clio Dynamique 1.2
De-wipered the rear today:
null-9.jpg

null-8.jpg

looks loads better but need to get another surround bit as mine is scratched badly.

Clio Dynamique 1.2
Another question, theres a lowering kit on ebay that lowers the car 60/40mm. Why do some kits come like this and does anyone have a pic of a clio lowered this way? Thanks in advance.

Clio Dynamique 1.2
After looking at lowering options i have just ordered some 50mm springs so it will finally be lowered by the end of the week hopefully!

Clio Dynamique 1.2
Seeing as people like to put pics of previous cars up i thought i would put one of my corsa:
null-7.jpg

i spent loads on this and really enjoyed the project, i really regretted selling it though :( i am hoping to make my clio project just as good!