ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2002 Clio 1.2 16v dynamique smarten up project.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Snapped this up at work 3 weeks ago, 1.2 16v dynamique with 40k on the clock, full renault service history, 1 elderly lady owner, new belts and fluids, new tyres, 12 months ticket and 6 months tax, £1500, bargain.

The aim here is to make this look as clean, and smart as possible using only oem parts with the exception of lowering springs.

So, here it is, on the saturday i checked it out on the ramp before handing over the dollar, mint nothing wrong with it except needing a fooking good detail.

IMAG0003.gif

Cleaning commenced over 2days, minor correction, with me rotary etc etc. Arches and wheels first

IMAG0011.gif

IMAG0012.gif

This front bumper moulding was wel past it, so i raided another trade in clio at work and swapped the front mouldings over.

IMAG0010.gif

Onto the engine bay, i know what your thinking, thats some engine rite there!
Dirty bugger

IMAG0023.gif

Clean bugger

IMAG0046.gif

silvervisions

IMAG0042.gif

IMAG0040.gif

Upgraded the side repeaters from orange to clear, again robbed off another trade in at work.

IMAG0045.gif

Silver handles fitted instead of black

IMAG0043.gif

Silver gearknob insert and handbrake lever button fitted.

IMAG0044.gif

New plates all round, makes a differnce on any car and at £4 for the pair i couldnt say no.

IMAG0047.gif

super clean

IMAG0039.gif

IMAG0041.gif

Got these to fit this week once the 60mm springs turn up.
Picked them up today £150 from josh2391. tyres are all good 4mm 5mm and 2x at 6mm. Spent the afternoon cleaning and waxing them.

IMAG0037.gif

Will post more pics when the wheels and springs are on, thats if i havent sold it by then.:rasp:

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Looks like a little minter now mate, good work!!

What did you clean the engine bay with? Looks tons better.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
engine bay way cleaned with autosmart G101 and the dressed again with autosmart FINISH

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yeah, it needs a clutch anyway mate to make it perfect so ill probably keep it once thats done as its going to be a c**t of a job lol anyway ill stop spamming ur project thread LOL!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Finally got around to sorting the 172 wheels out. Spent 4 hours last night sanding, proper boring task this. Then got the wheels to work this morning to get the tyres off and sand the lips down with my air whizzer thing.

Primed up

SAM_0128.gif

SAM_0127.gif

Painted

SAM_0130.gif

SAM_0129.gif

Tomorrow is clear coat time, and to refurn the centre caps also.

Need some 60 mm springs asap.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
painting is the easy bit, sanding them down and getting all the marks out is the s**t bit.

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Really great buy mate! With such low mileage at the price, its really looking great! With the 172 alloys plus a 60mm drop it will look uber smart! :D

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
God bless the mighty D4F!
Looking stunning there matey. I cleaned my bay when I changed the injectors, engine loom, coil and sparks was well chuffed with it :)

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
wheels done, not the silver i was wanting though, and clear cost was utter shite.

SAM_0133.gif

SAM_0134.gif