ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2 yr warranty on import and £188 service!

Just booked my 182 for its 1st service (12,000). its gonna cost £188, £20 more than they charge for a standard clio. £188 seems very steep for what little work they do to it. They said it would take 2 hours to do so i suppose thats £100 labour charge straight away. Has anyone paid more?

Ive already done 12,500 miles but was told it wont of affected my warranty as they let you have 1000 miles either side of 12,000 to get it serviced.

Also today i phoned up renault customer services to ask how much warranty my imported clio has (imported from france). After giving them the chassis number they told me i get a 2 year warranty. Now this is different to what other people on here have got, i.e jas, who even posted the letter he got on here. So any ideas on how to get it extended to 3 years or should i just leave it at that?

While the car is getting serviced im also getting them to have a second go at fixing my headlight washer, as its still leaking loads of water out. Any problems ive had have never been fixed 1st time, its always taken them 2 or 3 goes to fix, still despite the rip off dealerships and all the little problems i still love the car!

BMW 120i Sport

Is it not 1 years manufacturers warranty + 2 years dealership warranty?

Perhaps theyre referring to the dealership warranty only.

As for the service charge, my mate was £175 for a 172 on its first service. I would have reckoned about £150-ish depending on what dealer.

[Edited by Big G on 3/14/2005 6:38:43 PM]

As long as its not out of the 12 months guarantee and it was sourced in the EU you can request for the extra 2 yrs

If you dont do it within 12 months they will not give you 3 years

yeah thats the letter ive seen before. so what do i say to them to get the 3 years?, the car will be 12 months old at the end of the month.

Whys the picture uploader not working?

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

ive give up with my washers now!!!!!!!!!!!

same headlight one pissin out after 2nd time fixing. they dont spray evenly now and can hold approx 1 pint before pissin it all out.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

mines an import and is 12 months old within the next week.

i just got told to register the car with reno customer services which i did. i hope this is right and dont get a nasty suprise !!!!!!!!!!!

This brings back memories!! I had all this cr*p when I first got my 172, it took ages but in the end they gave me the 3 years warranty, and countless washer balls later, Ive learned to live with the drip drip when the washer bottle is full, and my first service was around £170.

That first year of ownership I spent so much time going backwards and forwards from the dealers....just a distant memory now, last week was the first time at the dealers in over a year (MOT).